Display for PM dual 1.8

Discussion in 'Product Recommendations/Reviews' started by clearlynuts, Jan 27, 2005.

1. macrumors newbie

I'm buying my first Mac, and I'd like to save a few bucks on the display. I've read good things about the Dell 2005FPW, for example, which can be had for under $600 depending on which specials they're running that week/day/hour.

Is the 20" Cinema Display that much ($400) better? They're both 20" wide aspect. Are there other displays I should look at? The widescreen part isn't the deciding factor, but I use it as a point of reference vs. the Apple display.

2. macrumors 6502

a quick search should yield you lengthy discussions comparing the two

3. macrumors 6502a

Steven1621

have you used an apple display? once you do, you will want to spend the extra $400.

4. macrumors 65816

sjpetry

It really doesn't matter to me but many people like them because they match and they look great.:)

5. macrumors 6502

Personally, I'd go for an Apple display. It's only once it's sitting on your desk you realise how incredible this thing is. It looks and performs brilliantly, and matches the Power Mac perfectly.

Apple displays all the way - even if they are hooooogely expensive in comparison.

Cheers,

andy.

6. macrumors 6502a

KD7IWP

Get both of them and put them side by side :D