Display Nirvana

Discussion in 'Community' started by themadchemist, Oct 3, 2003.

1. themadchemist macrumors 68030

Jan 31, 2003
    Chi Town
    A couple of weeks ago, when school started, I decided to buy a 17" Apple LCD to replace my 3-year old Apple CRT.

I'd always thought the LCDs were nice, but nothing great. I mainly bought it because my desk is small and the footprint made everything work. If you remember two generations of monitors ago--apple's crt's (the ones before the clear look), then you'll remember that they were monsters. People always mistake it for a 19".

But anyway, I got it, opened the box, and set it up...And it's gorgeous.

I mean, you usually think that things look better in the store, but not this.

It looks amazing, still. The feeling of wow, this is a great new monitor still hasn't worn off, and it amazes me everyday when I sit in front of my computer. The screen also feels bigger than my big CRT's did.

Every pixel (knock on the wood) is doing well and it is perfectly bright.

This is a beautiful monitor. The most beautiful monitor I have ever owned. Perhaps the most beautiful monitor I have ever seen, at this size.

The screen is perfect, the look is perfect, everything is perfect and glossy and amazing.

Sorry if no one cares. But I just felt like sharing. This monitor makes me SO HAPPY! Now I can't wait to put a G5 next to it, and give my old G4 to my little brother.
  2. mnkeybsness macrumors 68030

Jun 25, 2001
    Moneyapolis, Minnesota
    perhaps what you have ON the screen can make a difference in what you think of the display/computer :p