Display problem

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by ScotRobson, Sep 19, 2004.

1. ScotRobson macrumors 6502

Hi all

Ever since I have had my iMac G3 and used OSX I have always had a problem with the details in the top right corner getting mixed up or overlapping or duplicating themselfs - see pics to see what I mean.

It has happened on every version of OSX that I have used and im now on 10.3.5 - has this happened to anyone else or anyone got any ideas why it happens? Or a way to stop it? - It is totally random but when i click on it and then drag the mouse over it all goes back to how it should be.

It should begin with my full name Scot Robson on the right - I hope this all makes sense.

Attached Files:

2. Macmaniac macrumors 68040

Macmaniac

I have the very same problem as you do. I have an iMac G3 700mhz with 10.3.5, and this has happened on every version of X that I have had. Their must be a connection.

3. brap macrumors 68000

Hm. Have you tried removing a few icons from your taskbar? It may be that OS X is having problems swapping them around to try and find room. I had issues when my full name was too long for my screen, I shortened it and problems disappeared. Maybe this is an area Apple need to work on.

4. ScotRobson thread starter macrumors 6502

Tried changing my user name down to just Scot - a name couldnt be much shorter than that. Still getting the same problem.

It does seem as though it can't fit the icons in like you say - hopefully when my 20" iMac G5 arrives I won't have the problem anymore.

Maybe it is a screen size issue - what size is your screen?

Hmmm just removed isync icon and it seems to be ok now!

5. mfacey macrumors 65816

mfacey

I've seen that too!

I'm running a PB G4 667 MHz also on OS 10.3.5. I've had the exact same problems, although recently it hasn't been showing up as much anymore. The problems have occured both on the screen of the PB itself as well as on my external NEC 17inch Flatpanel. Very odd indeed. I don't have my name on the bar only Bluetooth, Airport, Displays, volume, battery and Time/date. I have no idea what causes it. Seems to be a slight bug in the system somewhere.

6. ScotRobson thread starter macrumors 6502

Yeah i think so, even after i shortened my username and deleted a few of the short cut icons from the finder bar im still having the problem.