Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DiamondMac

macrumors 68040
Aug 11, 2006
Washington, D.C.
Just more proof that there evidently won't be an iPad 3 this year :)

There is absolutely not a single piece of "proof" that an iPad3 was ever coming in 2011. Only rumors from "sources"

Why anyone would actually think that Apple would push out an iPad 3 when the iPad 2 is murdering everyone else INCLUDING the recently pushed-out tablets....is mind-boggling to me.

iPad 2 demand is so strong that they still require 'weeks' to get one online...well ok, 1-2 now.

brandnewfunk

macrumors newbie
Feb 24, 2010
Hopin'

Yeah, I already explained why posting that picture proves nothing. iPad 3 could come out in September and there would still have been more iPad 2s sold in 2011 than any other model. 2011 will be the year of iPad 2 regardless of when iPad 3 is released, even if it's in September.

Posting that picture is a waste of time.

Let's hope it comes out this year. I'm not buying it 'til that screen has comparable DPI that the iPhone 4 has. I promise to the heavens I'll buy that bad boy THE DAY it drops. No lie. After seeing the iPhone 4 in person--I was thinking *Is this one of those hi-res color cardboard overlays they put on non-live phones?* (it was not.. haha)--I don't see how anyone could accept anything less.

Go iPad 3!

And oh: If it doesn't drop this year, I'll be content w/ a MBA that has a backlit keyboard.

Last edited:

kiljoy616

macrumors 68000
Apr 17, 2008
USA
Yeah, I already explained why posting that picture proves nothing. iPad 3 could come out in September and there would still have been more iPad 2s sold in 2011 than any other model. 2011 will be the year of iPad 2 regardless of when iPad 3 is released, even if it's in September.

Posting that picture is a waste of time.

There is absolutely no incentive for Apple to bring out the ipad 3 this year. And probably not even in the first quarter of 2012. ;)

NebulaClash

macrumors 68000
Feb 4, 2010
There is absolutely no incentive for Apple to bring out the ipad 3 this year. And probably not even in the first quarter of 2012. ;)

There is incentive for Apple to bring out the iPad 3 this year, as has been posted. Now whether or not this happens is unknown. And yes, Apple will probably be just fine even if they wait until 2012. But there are incentives for this year if they can pull it off.

Sackvillenb

macrumors 6502a
Mar 1, 2011
Canada! \m/
Well... this does suggest there is no ipad 3 coming out soon... but the demand for ipad 2's are still very strong, so it's not really "necessary" for an update... but I'm sure Apple has lots of plans brewing for the ipad 3, to stay ahead of the curve...

DiamondMac

macrumors 68040
Aug 11, 2006
Washington, D.C.
There is incentive for Apple to bring out the iPad 3 this year, as has been posted. Now whether or not this happens is unknown. And yes, Apple will probably be just fine even if they wait until 2012. But there are incentives for this year if they can pull it off.

Yet all those incentives still don't answer the question of WHY in September rather than waiting for the next year refresh.

Nothing right NOW is over-taking the iPad even REMOTELY

NebulaClash

macrumors 68000
Feb 4, 2010
Yet all those incentives still don't answer the question of WHY in September rather than waiting for the next year refresh.

Nothing right NOW is over-taking the iPad even REMOTELY

But the forward-thinking corporation will bring out the next version as soon as their business is ready to handle it. This is the biggest development in technology since the start of the PC era, and those who grab land early will benefit for years to come. If Apple surprises the world with an iPad 3 in September, assuming it has that amazing resolution the rumors say, it will make the competition look stupid and slow. Right now they get to brag a little about specs. With a quick iPad 3 intro, the spec war goes to Apple along with everything else. They would own 2012 just as they have 2011.

That said, I understand the doubt people have that they could get such a resolution out the door so soon. I am not expecting an iPad 3 in September. But I'd love to see the competitors' faces if it did happen.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.