display wont sleep

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by wkw, Jan 28, 2005.

1. wkw macrumors 6502

wkw

Hey folks. got a little intermittent problem. My 20" cinema display wont go to sleep. I set the energy preferences but it doesnt work. sometimes after restarting the problem disappears for awhile.

I have a PM G4 dual 1.25 with 1.25gb ram, OS 10.3.7, 20" ADC cinema display, Nvidia 9000 64mb card.

any help appreciated

thanks!

bill

2. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

If you set up a screen saver to go on just before the screen should sleep, does it ever show up? I wonder if something screwy with, say, your mouse might make the computer never think it's inactive for very long.

3. cmvsm macrumors 6502a

cmvsm

I was thinking the same thing. Do you have something connected externally that you didn't mention such as a printer, usb hub, drive, etc? If so, disconnect all of it and try again. If it works, then plug everything back in one at a time and find out which one is causing the issue.

4. wkw thread starter macrumors 6502

wkw

I have all kinds of crap plugged in :p. I restarted and its fine now so it would be hard to troubleshoot a currently non-existent problem. If it starts happening again I will try unplugging stuff and see if I can't track it down.

thanks

bill