Distorted Icon Problem

Discussion in 'macOS' started by AlexH, Apr 1, 2006.

1. AlexH macrumors 68000

AlexH

Hey guys, I have an icon problem! I opened up System Preferences earlier and saw one of my icons totally messed up. I already tried repairing disk permissions, which didn't solve the problem.

I created a second account to see if another account would have the same problem, and the second account is perfectly clean. All the icons are fine. It's just my main account that has this messed up icon.

It's driving me nuts! Any help would be greatly appreciated!

2. superbovine macrumors 68030

superbovine

3. AlexH thread starter macrumors 68000

AlexH

Yep, as mentioned in my post above, already tried that.

4. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Just for future reference, there's a difference between repairing the disk and repairing the permissions. Repairing the disk permissions, although correct, can be a little misleading.

Anyway, have you got any theme changers or hacks installed? Is this the only icon that's messed up? :)

5. AlexH thread starter macrumors 68000

AlexH

The only thing I've done differently in the last few days is run Maintenance 3.3. Maybe that did something? I haven't noticed any other unusual behavior.

6. motulist macrumors 68040

motulist

Are you almost out of disk space? When I have less than 2 gig free some icons start to change to random weirdness. When I free up more space the icons eventually return to normal.

7. Glenn Wolsey macrumors 65816

Glenn Wolsey

8. AlexH thread starter macrumors 68000

AlexH

No, I still have 36GB free.

It's not affecting my system, and everything else is working just fine, but it's a little anoying. If anyone else has any suggestions, I'm open. ;)

9. AlexH thread starter macrumors 68000

AlexH

Hey guys, quick update... I downloaded and ran an app called ultimateTask. I originally found the link from Apple's site. Totally fixed my little problem.

Sorry to resurrect a dead thread, but if anyone else has a hosed icon that they can't seem to fix, it's work giving this app a shot. It's great for basic maintenance. ;)