Distributed computing??

Discussion in 'Distributed Computing' started by acdninjapan, Dec 11, 2004.

1. acdninjapan macrumors newbie

acdninjapan

I know that you all support the Seti and Stanford U folding projects here but, are there any other worthwhile projects besides these 2? I'm curious as to what is out there...

2. MrMacMan macrumors 604

MrMacMan

Yeah there are a bunch of other less popular ones, I know another one wants to show that a million computers over a few years can crack encryption...

Another works cancer directly... and yeah... a few, but we want to make sure you join one of our worthwhile teams.

3. mc68k macrumors 68000

mc68k

4. Dreadnought macrumors 68020

Dreadnought

So, there all your computing power is going to. I was wondering what you did with all your power since you left FAH (or at least most of your processing power). Can't persuade you to FAH again with everything you got?

5. mc68k macrumors 68000

mc68k

the macs might come back to FAH when xlr8 catches the GHN-- there won't be much of a goal in the #4 spot cause the top 3 teams way outpower our team

the macs didnt really add very much power compared to the PCs. the real reason my power droppped was that i gave the PC lab here to Rower so i could have the macs for crunching. i think the total amount of macs that left is above 60. most of those in the 700-1.2 GHz range

6. Dreadnought macrumors 68020

Dreadnought

Wow, that's a lot! You couldn't set them on my name for a couple of weeks could you?

7. jimjiminyjim macrumors 6502

There are no other distributed computing projects out there. Only FAH. Fold my friend, fold!