iPad mini Ditching macbook pro for

Discussion in 'iPad' started by JS3, Nov 3, 2012.

1. JS3
    macrumors regular

Soooo.

I am thinking if I should ditch my macbook pro. I have a Macbook pro, Mac mini, ipad, and iphone. I was thinking about buying a ipad mini then ditching the macbook pro and my ipad taking its place. Sooo confused. I have my mac mini hooked to a 27" monitor which is my main business computer. Most time I go away I grab the ipad, but thinking with mini I would grab that.

2. macrumors 6502

iExpensive

It all depends on your use. If you dont need the MPB then sell it and get the iPad and keep your mac mini.

3. macrumors newbie

If you are going to ditch your MacBook Pro, you should mail it to me and I will take good care of it :)
    I'm in need of a good laptop for school work.

4. macrumors 6502

The iPad (any of them) cannot "replace" a MBP. BUT if your main computer is your Mac mini, and you don't find yourself actually needing a laptop. Then heck yes.

I would do it, but my rMBP is my only computer. So there is no way a iPad can replace it.

5. macrumors newbie

Sounds good. I'm not gonna be buying another MacBook once my current one dies...since I have an iMac as well...my ipad pretty much does everything else anyways

6. macrumors 68020

To think an iPad can replace a MBP is funny.... very very funny.

7. macrumors 65816

JaySoul

Depends who for, though.

I know more and more people who use their iPads 90% of the time now - their laptops have become rarely used desktops.

8. macrumors 68020

Yep, it's that other 10% that's the issue. Of course YMMV but when you need some heavy computing the iPad just doesn't cut the mustard.

9. macrumors 6502a

I've had 2 people offer to trade their MBP's for my 3rd Gen. iPad, so obviously people are doing it. Unfortunately, I have no use for a laptop, having an iMac and iPad already.

10. macrumors G3

mattopotamus

It has more me b.c I just use a laptop to surf. I am on a computer all day at work

11. macrumors 6502a

Ih8reno

I use my MacBook Pro for creating workshops and files for work, my ipad 3 is what I use to present them. They work well together but I couldn't use my ipad as my only work machine. If you can kudos to you!

12. macrumors member

My perfect lineup is going to be a MacBook pro, iPad mini with cellular service and a plain Jane cell phone.