iPad mini Ditching macbook pro for

Discussion in 'iPad' started by JS3, Nov 3, 2012.

1. JS3
    macrumors regular

Apr 15, 2010

I am thinking if I should ditch my macbook pro. I have a Macbook pro, Mac mini, ipad, and iphone. I was thinking about buying a ipad mini then ditching the macbook pro and my ipad taking its place. Sooo confused. I have my mac mini hooked to a 27" monitor which is my main business computer. Most time I go away I grab the ipad, but thinking with mini I would grab that.
  2. macrumors 6502

Oct 18, 2010
    Las Vegas
    It all depends on your use. If you dont need the MPB then sell it and get the iPad and keep your mac mini.
  3. macrumors newbie

Nov 3, 2012
    If you are going to ditch your MacBook Pro, you should mail it to me and I will take good care of it :)
    I'm in need of a good laptop for school work.
  4. macrumors 6502

Dec 20, 2011
    The iPad (any of them) cannot "replace" a MBP. BUT if your main computer is your Mac mini, and you don't find yourself actually needing a laptop. Then heck yes.

I would do it, but my rMBP is my only computer. So there is no way a iPad can replace it.
  5. macrumors newbie

Nov 3, 2012
    Sounds good. I'm not gonna be buying another MacBook once my current one dies...since I have an iMac as well...my ipad pretty much does everything else anyways
  6. macrumors 68020

Jun 29, 2012
    Colorado Springs USA for now
    To think an iPad can replace a MBP is funny.... very very funny.
  7. macrumors 68000

Jan 30, 2008
    Depends who for, though.

I know more and more people who use their iPads 90% of the time now - their laptops have become rarely used desktops.
  8. macrumors 68020

Jun 29, 2012
    Colorado Springs USA for now
    Yep, it's that other 10% that's the issue. Of course YMMV but when you need some heavy computing the iPad just doesn't cut the mustard.
  9. macrumors 6502a

Nov 1, 2007
    I've had 2 people offer to trade their MBP's for my 3rd Gen. iPad, so obviously people are doing it. Unfortunately, I have no use for a laptop, having an iMac and iPad already.
  10. macrumors G3

Jun 12, 2012
    It has more me b.c I just use a laptop to surf. I am on a computer all day at work
  11. macrumors 65816

Aug 10, 2012
    I use my MacBook Pro for creating workshops and files for work, my ipad 3 is what I use to present them. They work well together but I couldn't use my ipad as my only work machine. If you can kudos to you!
  12. macrumors member

Feb 11, 2010
    My perfect lineup is going to be a MacBook pro, iPad mini with cellular service and a plain Jane cell phone.