Divix Help

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by actripxl, Jan 7, 2003.

1. actripxl macrumors 6502

actripxl

Ok guys I just made the switch to the mac and so far I really like it but alot of my mpeg files and jpg files I had stored either dont run with sound, or stutter(mpg) or just dont show up through preview or I photo. Please tell me which is the best .avi-divix player, and image viewers. Also any suggestion on a good p2p would help. One last thing, I only use OS X how can I delete OS9 to make more room on my harddrive?

2. FattyMembrane macrumors 6502a

FattyMembrane

1. the problem with divx is that it is a bastardized form of mpeg4 (in part thanks to microsoft) that often relies on odd audio codecs like wma. for divx files, videolanclient (www.videolan.org) and MPlayer (check www.versiontracker.com for the version with a gui) work excellently (and also play dvd/vcd/svcd etc). i perfer MPlayerOSX as it has a great interface and also plays windows media, real, and some quicktime files.

2. to remove os9, just move the folders "System Folder" and "Applications (Mac OS 9)" from the root level of your hard disk to the trash and delete them. you can also move the folder "Documents" from the root level of your hard disk if you have not stored anything in there. make sure that you move any items like appleworks or cro-mag rally that run in osx too (carbon apps) out of the os9 apps folder before you trash it.

3. actripxl thread starter macrumors 6502

actripxl

Hey thanks for the info, sorry it took so long its just that I still have to get an ISP yet.

4. actripxl thread starter macrumors 6502

actripxl

Hey thanks for the info, sorry it took so long its just that I still have to get an ISP yet.