Divx/AVI Player for Macs are gone?!?

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by akito_kun, Apr 3, 2002.

1. akito_kun macrumors newbie

I've been using Divx doctor b4 to play my avi/divx movies. Then suddenly yesterday, it said that it expired. So I went to the site and it was changed by 3vix. And they don't have that player anymore. Now I'm stuck and I can't find a new divx player anymore. Is there a new one out there that we can use besides that old codec? Any help would be grealy appreciated. :)

2. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

http://www.divx.com has all the latest versions. You won't be able to encode, but you can still use it to view the files.

3. akito_kun thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the welcome guys. :)

I forgot to tell you what I use. I have the first generation beige G3 with a MacOS 8.1 and the white iBook with a MacOS 9.2.

I got the dvix.com version but I had problems with the audio. Is there a way to fix that? I used Quicktime 5 with it.

4. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

5. akito_kun thread starter macrumors newbie

Call me dumb but I'm clueless how to use the 3vix.com player. Or did I just d/l the wrong thing? I only got a couple of plug-ins to be put on the Extensions. Where's the player? Can you please instruct me how to use it? Thanks. ^^

6. Hemingray macrumors 68030

Hemingray

Those plug-ins are for QuickTime, you use QuickTime to view the divx movies.

7. akito_kun thread starter macrumors newbie

I just checked the 3vix.doctor site and they had the latest Dixv Doctor there. So now its working. But you can't do the full screen version anymore. That's ok though. Thanks for all the help. :)