Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

beige matchbox

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 16, 2005
Oxfordshire, UK
I have alot of my DVDs ripped to DIVx, but organizing them in the finder isn't the nicest way of going about using them :rolleyes:

Had a look at a few apps, lots of cool DVD organizers, nice interfaces... But they wont of course play the files :(

Any ideas?

I suppose, i could at a push encode them to h.264 mov or something, but i'd rather not :)

varmit

macrumors 68000
Aug 5, 2003
beige matchbox said:
I have alot of my DVDs ripped to DIVx, but organizing them in the finder isn't the nicest way of going about using them :rolleyes:

Had a look at a few apps, lots of cool DVD organizers, nice interfaces... But they wont of course play the files :(

Any ideas?

I suppose, i could at a push encode them to h.264 mov or something, but i'd rather not :)
Well, why not put them all in a folder, the do colume view. Or rip them all into the iPod format and store them in iTunes. Or I think you can store normal h.264 or mp4 files, not ones that are iPod compatable, in iTunes.

radiantm3

macrumors 65816
Oct 16, 2005
San Jose, CA
beige matchbox said:

Any ideas?

If they play in quicktime then you can try iVideo (http://www.waterfallsw.com/ivideo/)

beige matchbox

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 16, 2005
Oxfordshire, UK
That iVideo looks perfect :D

Had a quick play on my powerbook with some movs, and i like it alot :cool: Will try it with a full divx movie tomorrow, the sharing looks very interesting too.

radiantm3

macrumors 65816
Oct 16, 2005
San Jose, CA
beige matchbox said:
That iVideo looks perfect :D

Had a quick play on my powerbook with some movs, and i like it alot :cool: Will try it with a full divx movie tomorrow, the sharing looks very interesting too.

The sharing is the only part that never actually worked. :eek: A lot of people complain, but the network sharing problem never gets fixed. If you set the background to black and the borders to dark gray, the app looks so much better. Similar to the way itunes does video thumbnails. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.