DIVx organizer/player

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by beige matchbox, Dec 5, 2005.

1. beige matchbox macrumors 6502a

beige matchbox

I have alot of my DVDs ripped to DIVx, but organizing them in the finder isn't the nicest way of going about using them :rolleyes:

Had a look at a few apps, lots of cool DVD organizers, nice interfaces... But they wont of course play the files :(

Any ideas?

I suppose, i could at a push encode them to h.264 mov or something, but i'd rather not :)

2. varmit macrumors 68000

varmit

Well, why not put them all in a folder, the do colume view. Or rip them all into the iPod format and store them in iTunes. Or I think you can store normal h.264 or mp4 files, not ones that are iPod compatable, in iTunes.

3. radiantm3 macrumors 65816

radiantm3

If they play in quicktime then you can try iVideo (http://www.waterfallsw.com/ivideo/)

4. beige matchbox thread starter macrumors 6502a

beige matchbox

That iVideo looks perfect :D

Had a quick play on my powerbook with some movs, and i like it alot :cool: Will try it with a full divx movie tomorrow, the sharing looks very interesting too.

5. radiantm3 macrumors 65816

radiantm3

The sharing is the only part that never actually worked. :eek: A lot of people complain, but the network sharing problem never gets fixed. If you set the background to black and the borders to dark gray, the app looks so much better. Similar to the way itunes does video thumbnails. :)

6. beige matchbox thread starter macrumors 6502a

beige matchbox

hehe, so i see in their forums, but you never know :rolleyes: