DJ Mixing Software

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by iboi, Apr 9, 2006.

1. iboi macrumors newbie

Hello,

Can anyone help? my friends have a program called eJay Mix CD producer on Windows. It is really good at auto mixing tracks suing BMP with the ability to do manual override.

I would like to know if there is some similar software for OS X. I don' want anything to complicated I want the software to mix for me. It needs to be able to detect the BPM of a song and ideally use AAC.

Thanks
    CJ

2. iboi thread starter macrumors newbie

anything else?

I tried the demo, had a bit of a play and could not work it out. want something that is real easy. Tried Ask the DJ but it not as good as this eJay software for Windows. Also need a BPM app to add that to iTunes.

3. Kernow macrumors 65816

Kernow

Not sure if any of these will have the features you are looking for, but a few suggestions were made in the thread here.

4. quigleybc macrumors 68030

quigleybc

Beautiful Vancouver British Columbia, Canada
    My buddy just got Serato Scratch by RANE....

good god is that sick software/hardware....

google it...it's amazing.

5. neut macrumors 68000

neut

If he can't use Tracktor ... Serato is going to be too difficult.

iboi - try learning some actual DJ skills and your options will open up greatly. :) Have an iPod? Check this out.

peace | neut

6. quigleybc macrumors 68030

quigleybc

Beautiful Vancouver British Columbia, Canada

Traktor does have a steep learning curve. But Serato is actually pretty easy, and it will teach beat matching and cue skills as well as regular vinyl. It's a pretty stripped down app, with not too many bells and whistles. Just instead of vinyl, you use mp3's and aiff's. So, although Traktor is not easy, (no NI apps are) I would say that Serato is pretty easy to get into, my buddy has only had a mac for a few months, and he was up and mixing that same night.

Damn, that iPod gizmo is pretty cool lookin..wonder how much $ it is.

7. neut macrumors 68000

neut

Yeah, but i'm assuming he has no vinyl experience ... Serato kinda requires that as it's your interface. If had vinyl i'd be all over Serato, but i'm a CDXer.

That iPod mixer is pretty cool; im sure it's an expensive toy though. :( Finally pitch shifting on your iPod! :D

peace | neut