DJ Mixing Software

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by MacNub, Jul 10, 2006.

1. MacNub macrumors newbie

Hey,
    I'd like to know what DJ software Blank & Jones are using. In their newest clip Catch they are sitting in front of their PBs (or MBPs, what ever) and you can see some kind of DJ software. I have attatched a screenshot (sorry for the low quality, but it's from the youtube flv movie).

Btw. if you can recommend any (othe) good mixing software feel free to do so ;)

Attached Files:

2. quigleybc macrumors 68030

quigleybc

Beautiful Vancouver British Columbia, Canada
    not the greatest pic,

But I'd have to guess one of those PC software's, like Sonar, or Cakewalk

3. MIDI_EVIL macrumors 65816

MIDI_EVIL

It looks a little like Ableton's Live.

But it's not.

If you've not heard of it, please check it out as i really think it is exactly what you are looking for!!!

Rich.

4. Willehard macrumors newbie

Willehard

There is a program called DJ-1800, its very simple to use but not so many features. And then there is Native Instruments Traktor. Has a lot more features, effects. I think Traktor also has a built in music store similar to iTunes. Haven't tried it so I can't tell you more about it. Check them out

5. Ben Kei macrumors regular

Hi, the software being used in that clip is Traktor, made by native instruments.

It can work either as a stand alone product or can work using the final scratch interface, which if you aren't aware if it, lets you plug your turntables (if you have some) into the mac/pc and use a special timecoded vinyl to control wav/aiff/mp3/ogg etc..

Pretty nifty piece of software but slightly fiddly without the final scratch interface.

You can also use MIDI controllers with this software so you can attach rotary controllers, cross fade controllers to various parameters to make it a bit more hands on and a bit less mouse intensive

6. 4God macrumors 68020

4God

Yup, Traktor in that pic. Works well but I think I'm going to try out
    that DJ-1800 thing, I like the interface.

7. quigleybc macrumors 68030

quigleybc

Beautiful Vancouver British Columbia, Canada
    LOL

That's Traktor? I have Traktor, and I still didn't recognize it....the pic looks blue...so that threw me off...

I'm not a fan of any of the Native Instruments stuff...with the execption of Kontakt, and Traktor is ok...

I prefer RANE's Serato Scratch, which I don't have, but a friend of mine uses it and it is fantastic.

8. MacNub thread starter macrumors newbie