dl'ing items at toys r us for animal crossing:ww

Discussion in 'Games' started by MS bulldog, Jul 25, 2006.

1. MS bulldog macrumors regular

i swung by the local tru today at lunch to try and dl one of the six "special" items offered this week at their ds dl stations. followed the directions (drop the bottle mail in the water), save/end, and restart in tag mode when in range of dl station. anyways, did this and was notified that i had received an item. it was a message from charley saying "hi".

now, i don't think my store had a dl station as i did not see the ac:ww display. they had a demo ds but no visible dl station, so the question now, is the "hi" message i received an ingame occurence when you send bottle mail OR did i connect w/someone's ds to receive the item?

07/28 UPDATE
    so i went back today armed with 2 bottle mails. both times i got the same letter from "katrina" with some wacky message about visiting mystical islands and she signed off with a khee-ka-too-tee kind of signature. Weird...all i wanted was some free goodies. Are these people sending me bottle mail real or is it an in game feature?

2. kinesin macrumors regular

Sound like you connected to someone else's DS. :D
    The manual suggests that it's possible to exchange 'bottle mail' and constellations while the two players are in Contact mode.

3. DEXTERITY macrumors 6502a

you won't see it because they are under the counter. If they aren't behind the counter they are hidden near the DS interactive where you won't see it.

4. MS bulldog thread starter macrumors regular

updated the OP

so i went back today armed with 2 bottle mails. both times i got the same letter from "katrina" with some wacky message about visiting mystical islands and she signed off with a khee-ka-too-tee kind of signature. Weird...all i wanted was some free goodies. Are these people sending me bottle mail real or is it an in game feature?