Dlink DGE-528T and B&W G3

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Lollypop, Jul 2, 2006.

1. Lollypop macrumors 6502a

Lollypop

I got a dlink DGE-528T over the weekend for a B&W G3, installed the card... and nothing.. installed the drivers... and nothing.. so I checked the System Profiler and it doesnt report the card in any of the PCI slots, moved the card to another B&W and the same thing happens. Took the card back to the store, they swaped it out for me, but same story all over again! Went to the Dlink website and apparently the store sold me a discontinued card... wonderfull hey? So what do I do? The chance of two cards being faulty is very small.

2. muka5001 macrumors newbie

I Have exactly the same problem on my G4 Quicksilver, I'm running OSX 10.3 Panther Server, i've installed the card, the driver and nothing, can't even see the card in system profiler.

did you ever resolve this?

3. pprobine macrumors newbie

pprobine

4. Lollypop thread starter macrumors 6502a

Lollypop

I have gotten the card working, but only sorta... the card picks up in systems preferences, but no matter what I do the mac os always reports that there is nothing pluged into the card, even when I know there is something pluged in. What I have noticed is that in the System profiler, under extensions, that the drivers integrity cannot be verified and the driver has a failed dependancy on IONetworkingFamily, but IONetworkingFamily is there.

5. Lollypop thread starter macrumors 6502a

Lollypop

Finally got the B&W to work, but only because I got a completely different network card. Was a ell cheapo PC card with a realtek 8159D chipset, supported out of the box in mac os x.