DMG Segments?

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by daveL, Jul 30, 2003.

1. macrumors 68020

daveL

I've never worked with dmg segments before. Do you "cat" them all together to form the complete image, or double-click the .dmg piece?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

2. macrumors 68000

Eniregnat

3. thread starter macrumors 68020

daveL

I'm downloading the Panthr beta. What they've done is break the full CD image into 30MB "segments". After uncompressing them, they all have a .dmgpart file extension, except the first one, which has the normal .dmg extension. If I double-click the .dmg it mount and appears as a full CD. If I select it to burn, it's showing a size of 30MB, not the full CD. So, I'm confused as to how to burn it. Do I just select the .dmg and all the segments are included? Or do I have to select all the pieces? Or do I have to reassemble them before I try to burn them?

4. thread starter macrumors 68020

daveL

Well, I answered my own question. As with most things Apple, the solution is absolutely simple. You select the .dmg for burning and all the .dmgpart piecees are automagicly included. I *do* wish the Disk Copy burn panel showed the size of the entire image, not just the first piece, when you select the .dmg file; it would be a bit less confusing the first time you encounter this situation (segements).