DNS problem on wireless 360 LIVE

Discussion in 'Games' started by PrinceLonghair, Jan 31, 2006.

1. PrinceLonghair macrumors newbie

Hello people, i have read through some of your threads concerning the DNS problems, but i still can't get it to work. I have a BT router that goes through Apple basestation to the airports to my 2 Apple Macs. I then want to play my Xbox 360 Online through using the wireless adaptor (the official 360 one). The xbox adaptor works as it confirms the wireless network in my house, the IP and so on, but it fails on the DNS. I have inputted the 'dig' command into terminal to find the DNS number to use, and at first time of inputting the number, the DNS passed and i thought Yes end of my problems, only for minutes later for it to fail again, and now fail all the time.:confused:

I dont have a clue what the problem is, and who to ring, please help.....cheers

2. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Try putting the IP Address of the BaseStation (not the DNS of the basestation) as the DNS of the 360, that's the only way I got it to work.
    BaseStation IP should be somthing like 10.0.1.1 so use that as your 360's Primary DNS and then go up a digit for secondary somthing like 10.0.1.2

That worked for me connecting via my mac's airport to Airport Express..

If it doesn't then I'm stumped...... IP & DNS's are a pain in the frigging arse.

3. PrinceLonghair thread starter macrumors newbie

I have done this, and still no luck, apparently its the security on my BT Voyager 200 router that stops it connectiong to my 360 wireless adaptor....but i dont know how to change the security settings on my router...and BT were no help.

4. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Damn :rolleyes:

I've got nothing left to help i'm afraid :eek: