DNS Will Not Resolve

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by isayhoomhom, Jun 26, 2013.

1. macrumors newbie

I've recently set up a new website – www.futurefive.org. I was viewing it on my iMac (OSX 10.7.5) and it was showing one of those placeholder pages (generic woman smiling, URL in a green bar at the top, with nonsense search items down the left). After the DNS resolved, the URL takes you to the website on every computer and iPhone EXCEPT this iMac. Still takes you to that placeholder page (see attachment). I've tried running the Terminal command sudo killall -HUP mDNSResponder, but it doesn't change anything. Anyone have any ideas?

Attached Files:

2. Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Give it time, it can take over 24 hours for the DNS servers to synchronize.

3. thread starter macrumors newbie

It's already been 72 hours.

4. Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Contact your web host then, its not an issue with your local set up.

When your iPhone accesses the site, is it on wifi? If so then its may not be DNS. Did you try clearing your web cache from your browser?

5. macrumors regular

HenryAZ

I am getting the Future5 site (the correct one, not the placeholder), when I click on your URL.

You may also want to flush the DNS resolver cache in your router (stop and restart).

6. macrumors 68000

SrWebDeveloper

If other advice given fails...

On your mac check two things:

1) Look in /etc/hosts and make sure that domain is not listed already with a different IP - remove it if found as local DNS overrides remote (i.e. in terminal -> sudo vi /etc/hosts)

2) Flush your Mac's DNS cache in terminal:
    sudo dscacheutil -flushcache

:cool:

7. thread starter macrumors newbie

All excellent advice. Thank you! Mysteriously, after no further action on my part, the DNS has resolved and the site is now showing up properly. One of those things, I guess. My best to all.