Do all scanners work with mac?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by marioman38, Feb 28, 2007.

1. marioman38 macrumors 6502a

marioman38

I'm looking to buy a CanoScan FS4000US, but after a few google searches, its sketchy as to if it'll work with tiger... Some places say up to OS 9.1 some 10.2...... But I assume it because their dated? Could someone help me out? Maybe you've got one, or you're better at using google?

2. ChrisA macrumors G4

You can try to download the software that comes with the scanner. I think canon has a web site for this. Look under "support" get the software for the FS4000US and see if it runs on your Mac.

In general this is a good way to test if any product will work on a mac.

3. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

If you have a scanner that doesn't have manufacturer support, you may be able to use VueScan, a commercial app. (There is a trial version so you can see if it works.)

4. marioman38 thread starter macrumors 6502a

marioman38

5. Westside guy macrumors 601

Westside guy

There's also a pretty cool port of the Linux SANE scanner utility, called "TWAIN-SANE"- it's what I use with my Microtek scanner, even though there's a Mac driver offered by the company.

These sorts of free software tools sometimes work extremely well, and sometimes pretty poorly. :D If there's good SANE support for your scanner, then it's a very nice little tool.

6. Over Achiever macrumors 68000

Over Achiever

I think Visioneer scanners still don't work with Macs, not sure. I have one I can't use with my laptop.

7. elppa macrumors 68040

elppa