Do any of you sync your PDA to Mac using Virtual PC?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by amin, Sep 6, 2003.

1. amin macrumors 6502a

amin

I have a Tungsten C, which is a Palm that has built in Wifi, but no ability to use any of the currently available Bluetooth cards. I would like to wirelessly Hotsync to my 12" Powerbook, but Palm Desktop for OS X does not allow WiFi Hotsyncing. This really annoys me since Palm Desktop for Windows does have this feature and I doubt it would be difficult for Palm to include this feature for the Mac.

Anyway, I am contemplating installing Palm Desktop for Windows on my PB using VPC, but I have a few ?s. First, will VPC run w/ XP Professional on my PB even though I have only the stock 256MB RAM? I know more RAM would help, but on the box for VPC w/ XP Pro it lists 256MB RAM as the minimum required and I would like to hold off on buying more RAM for my PB until 1GB RAM chips become cheaper/more available. Second, is anyone using VPC with Palm Desktop? Does it work smoothly? Is it super-slow? It doesn't strike me as a particularly processor-intensive app.

Thanks for any input.

*Amin

2. 5300cs macrumors 68000

5300cs

I had a Japanese CLIE with a USB cradle. The Palm Desktop for OS X doesn't sync with CLIEs unless you have Mark's The Missing Sync -which I wasn't going to pay $50 for :mad:

Anyway, it wouldn't sync properly with English versions of windows, so I used VPC for Win2K Japanese, then used that to sync and had no problems at all. It was a little slow, but I use a 550TiBook w/768 RAM. I think you shouldn't have a problem.