Do app reviewers overlook minor bugs?

Discussion in 'App Store Business, Legal and Marketing' started by moonman239, Mar 10, 2013.

1. macrumors 65816

Mar 27, 2009
    So I just submitted my app for review. I don't know if I should publicly disclose this yet, but there is a minor bug in it. My app displays content in UITextViews. However, I left the "Editable" checkbox in each text view checked, thinking I'd just fix it using code. Bad idea, I know. I submitted it without even thinking about that problem. Do you think they'll approve it? I suppose what's more important is whether the user will get frustrated. Here's the thing: They can dismiss the keyboard, and if they accidentally erase something, reloading the page will bring whatever they erased back. If it turns out to be so big a problem that a user will likely complain about it, then I'll definitely fix it.

This little thing is kind of worrying me. I hope I have no good reason to be.
  2. Moderator

Staff Member

Sep 2, 2004
    The Centennial State
    Pull your app from review, fix the bug and resubmit. Your users will thank you for it.
  3. macrumors 604

Jul 29, 2003
    Silicon Valley
    I've had a couple of apps with major bugs approved. Had to pull them after getting emails from customers.. I've also purchased a few apps or got updates that crashed on launch. Even though magnitudes easier than developing for Android, iOS testing all an apps function on all the OS+device combinations is still a bit of a pain. Apple may only doing some spot checks.
  4. thread starter macrumors 65816

Mar 27, 2009
    Update: The app has been approved and will be in the App Store soon. I take it this means that bug went unnoticed. I don't think it's such a big deal, as the users can't modify the content, just the text views.
  5. macrumors 65816

Jun 7, 2011
    Remember that if a user notices the bug and it irritates them, that they may not give you a second chance