Do Apple do cosmetic repairs for iPod?

Discussion in 'iPod' started by Ubuntu, Nov 30, 2005.

1. Ubuntu macrumors 68000

Cost or no cost, I would like some scratches removed from my iPod. I have ordered Ice Creme M (which is meant to be amazing) and I'll see how that works.

I am using the 60GB iPod Video (black), and of course it's a magnet to scratches, which doesn't bother me so much, as long as I can view the screen.

Today, some annoying girl asked to see my iPod, but I had to go (I genuinely did, I had a train to catch), but she refused to let go of the iPod which was in my hand. I kept politely saying that I had to go, but she wouldn't let go, until about two minutes later. Now the iPod has three long scratches on the screen from her nails, which render it useless, pretty much. I am so annoyed about this, you don't just do that with a £300 music player, and there's nothing wrong with respecting someone else's property, which she didn't.

So do Apple do repairs? I might send her the bill.

2. khisayruou macrumors 6502a

khisayruou

Nope, apple doesn't do scratch repairs.
    Sorry to hear someone scratched it, that would make me really mad too.
    I would grab an invisible shield or something along those lines to
    protect it, it's a good investment.

3. protocol5757 macrumors newbie

Another scratched IPOD, am I surprised!

And people say the ipod doesnt scratch easily!:mad: No I am not suprised! I am surprised by all the Apple poster children out there that cant grasp that fact that Apple could have a design flaw in the new Ipods!:confused:

4. Ubuntu thread starter macrumors 68000

Oh it scratches easily, there are so many hairline-thin scratches on my iPod, you notice it much more on the black version. Apple poster children?

This could have happened to anyone. She just happened to be a rude annoying idiot who couldn't handle the fact that I needed to go. Oh, and I missed the train. :D

But yeah, I'm slightly mad about this. I'll see how Ice Creme M goes, I had actually ordered an invisible shield, which is taking a while. It's even more frustrating to have this happen just a few days before expected delivery date.

But really, I've had it for over a week now, and I can barely use it. I'm going to call Apple, I just hope they don't hit me with a standard £170 charge for a repair. I'll try Ice Creme M first before negotiating with Apple.

5. protocol5757 macrumors newbie

Ubuntu,

Please let us know if you have any luck with apple. I have had my Ipod for a little over two weeks and after day one was complete scratched. The scratches are not so much that I could not see the screen but enough that it bothered me. My primary concern was that the scratches were going to get worse over time. I called Apple and that was the most useless call I have ever made. You would think with all the hype of the nano scratching that they would address any scratch problems with the new ipod. To be honest with you this is my first Ipod and will probably be my last. I have been very disappointed with their customer support.:(

6. Ubuntu thread starter macrumors 68000

I certainly will inform you of what happens. I haven't received the Ice Creme M yet, should be here on Friday. But I think I may call Apple before hand, just in case, and see what they say.