Do Apple have some type of Trade In Program

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by redrory, Oct 12, 2006.

1. redrory macrumors newbie

Oct 11, 2006
    Hello everyone, My name is Rory
    A bit new here,

I am been thinking about getting a mac for over a year. But when it was time unfournately the Apple Store was full and my aunt wasnt able to bring one for me.

Now I have a Gateway MX6920, and I am pleased with it. It costed me $1000, but now I am feeling the Mac Vibe again.
    I cannot really BUY another laptop, so I was wondering it Apple had a trade in program or anything similar.

It was my intention to come here and look for somone whom needed a PC for Work any reasons and try a trade for a PowerBook or something, but I need 98 posts for that :(

Any ideas on how I can change my MX6920 into a PowerBook/ iBook or MacBook :)

without eBay..
  2. Scarlet Fever macrumors 68040

Scarlet Fever

Jul 22, 2005
    maybe just stick around here for a while and let those 98 posts fly by... :p

Apple don't do a trade-up think like you describe.
  3. mpw Guest

Jun 18, 2004
    The retail stores will let you bring in your surplus cash and trade it in for all sorts of lovely stuff.:)
  4. the Western zoo macrumors 6502

the Western zoo

May 16, 2006
    Aarhus C, Denmark
    yeah and I'm pretty sure they'll exchange all kind of stuff for a "good look" at your credit card as well! ;)
  5. killmoms macrumors 68040

Jun 23, 2003
    Washington, DC
    What do you think Apple is, a used car lot? ;) Sorry, selling the thing is the only way you're going to get a MacBook.
  6. iMetroid macrumors member

Apr 25, 2006
    Baltimore, MD
    Have you checked to see if Gateway has a trade-in (for cash) program?

I know you said that you didn't want Ebay, but here's another option. Ebay has a PC trade-in program where you can get pretty decent prices. Problem is - last time I checked, there was a major limit to the brands / model numbers that you could trade in. Still worth a try, though.

*looks for link* MAN! I can't find it. You'll have to hunt around for it yourself. Sorries. :D
  7. thejadedmonkey macrumors 604

May 28, 2005
  8. generik macrumors 601

Aug 5, 2005
    The trade-in program is known as "ebay" and "4% final value fee"
  9. redrory thread starter macrumors newbie

Oct 11, 2006
    Thanks for all responses guys :D

I am going trying a sell it locally, and get a Macbook or PowerBook.