do Apple stores carry glossy MBP in stock?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by tahitianstud, Nov 23, 2006.

1. tahitianstud macrumors newbie

Hello,

First post here, so please be gentle if I don't follow proper "etiquette"... :)

I am thinking of buying a 17" C2D MPB with glossy display.

Since I have read numerous people here talk about getting or seeing some at the retail Apple stores, I just wanted to check if all Apple stores carry glossy display models in their stock.

It was my understanding that the glossy screen was a CTO only option for online purchases.

Thanks in advance.

2. Mallow005 macrumors newbie

They certainly carry the 15" glossy, I bought mine a few weeks ago... unfortunately it's going right back for repair :mad:

3. aog macrumors newbie

aog

They do. I´m absolutely sure :) The real problem is finding a store with 17" C2D MPB´s...

4. aquajet macrumors 68020

The Apple Store near me has both the 15" and 17" models with glossy displays on display.

5. aog macrumors newbie

aog

Are they Core Duo´s or Core 2 Duo´s?

6. oaken macrumors newbie

The store that i got my 17" glossy from had both glossy and matte Core2duo's...Nashville, Tn...

7. davidleon macrumors member

I live in Central New Jersey. When I last checked this week, before the Thanksgiving holiday, the Short Hills Mall and Menlo Park Mall Apple Stores had the 17" MacBook Pro Core 2 Duo in stock. Although the 17" MacBook Pros on display were labeled as 2.33 GHz Core 2 Duo models, they were actually 2.16 GHz Core Duo models. When I inquired about the recently released new models, the employees told me they were in stock in the backroom.

I ordered my MacBook Pro 17" Core 2 Duo (matte display) from MacMall with an estimated shipping date of November 17. However, whenever I call MacMall, the estimated shipping date gets pushed further back. It's frustrating.

8. tahitianstud thread starter macrumors newbie

Hmmm... thanks for all the replies.

Seems like the 17" C2D's are still only trickling in the retail channel.

At least, I know now that glossy models are not exclusive to online orders! :D

Hopefully in a couple weeks, the supply will be much more widespread and stock plentiful.

9. richard4339 macrumors 6502a

richard4339

I purchased my C2D glossy MBP at the Apple store in Knoxville, TN 3 weeks ago. The glossy's are carried, but as I learned, they were hard to find the first few weeks. Knoxville had them in, but none of the other stories near my home city did (Knoxville is 2 hours away).