Do Apple (UK) use different carriers ?

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by dayloon, May 6, 2005.

1. dayloon macrumors 6502

Apr 19, 2005
    Stafford, UK
    My PM got shipped yesterday along with the Monitor. The odd thing is that the PM is with a carrier called KUEHNE & NAGEL and the monitor with TNT. Why do they use 2 different carriers ? Looks like the PM is coming from Ireland because it says "Shipment picked up Cork, IE". No activity at all on the TNT package though.
  2. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

Jan 6, 2004
    i'm not from the UK, but i would assume its a matter of where the items are being shipped from, one may becoming from a certain warehouse and the other from another. i'm sure that apple would choose the most available/accessible carrier depending on location

but thats just my guess
  3. bartelby macrumors Core

Jun 16, 2004
    I think Apple use TNT for deliveries.

Your monitor may be waiting at a TNT depot for the PM to arrive there and it'll all get delived together by TNT
  4. Applespider macrumors G4

Jan 20, 2004
    looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    I'm fairly sure that K&N are a bulk B2B carrier rather than a consumer one. They'd be taking your PM from Cork to the Netherlands.

Then TNT will collate your PM and display and sort out delivery from there.
  5. Lau Guest

Yep, this is right. They are a huge logistics company. They took my PowerBook from Shanghai to the Netherlands, where they handed it over to TNT who deliver it in the UK.
  6. IanC macrumors regular

Jan 29, 2005
    Makes sense.

Wish they would let you choose another company tho, but maybe thats just due to the trouble i had :(