do blondes have more fun

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by clubmedia, Jul 1, 2003.

1. macrumors regular

hey are you guys more attracted to blondes, or think they are more where its at or no?

what do you prefer?

2. macrumors 65816

vollspacken

at least when they use Macs...

vSpacken

3. macrumors 68030

britboy

I've been dying my hair blonde for about 5 years now, and I love it. I think blonde *is* more attractive. As an example, I find myself to be absolutely gorgeous.

Personally I don't think hair colour has anthing to do with how attractive a woman is. My personal favourite would probably be red hair, simply because it's different and unusual. Having said that, my wife has blonde hair, and she's very attractive :)

4. Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

I prefer redheads......;)

I think the whole thing about blondes having more fun is a part of an old marketing ploy created by one of the companies making hair coloring.

Sort of like DeBeers and diamonds are forever.....

Its been around in the collective psyche for generations - it almost makes it true.

D

5. Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

I've noticed in the past being attracted to blondes more, my first 2 girlfriends were blondes. I find myself noticing them easier still today mostly because the lighter color hair is more noticable from a glance; but when it comes to true interest, I've found it stereotypically odd how much I don't care for them much when it comes to depth.

I've always had a thing for redheads, but what I really dig is darker hair with lighter eyes. ;)

6. Moderator emeritus

WinterMute

I'm with you D, redheads rock, although, strangely my wife is blond.

I bought her a t-shirt last year that said "Natural Blond, Please Talk Slowly...":D

She didn't hurt me much.

7. macrumors 68020

Moxiemike

Hm. I think I have a subliminal thing for shorter hair, and many of the girls i've dated have short hair.

There was "e" who, mr. eye met, who had short blond hair at the time we dated (now longer) and clear blue eyes.

There was "r", short reddish brown hair, and hazel eyes.

And there was "k" who had hair similar to "r's" but a much more stable personality and willingness to embrace her "femininity".

I think "r" was the first girl I date who was seriously afraid of her body. Eep.

There was "a" who I dated for a short time, who had longer blonde hair and blue eyes.

And sandwiched somewhere between was an ongoing thing with a girl from art school who had INCREDIBLE black hair and brown eyes. Now seriously.... if I had to pick a favorite looking back, being older and wiser now, Ms. Black Hair would be my favorite.

Hehe. Although nowadays, I think I prefer the "wedge" cut, hopefully in black or dirty blond. Also, I'm kinda digging the shaggy, messy bob cut.

That said, the two chicas who i'm potentially going to make a play for, have neither. Haha.

I think hair is a VERY important measure for women. Stylish, sexy hair, well kempt and cared for, is very sexy.

Next up is shoes. You can almost read a person's intellect by their footwear choices. haha.

I think i've over-analyzed this, but when you once were a Social Psych major, concentrating in "Human interaction and Romantic Relationships' this type of convo ends up being fairly interesting. :)

8. Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

he he..."e" was nice... ;)

as for the shorter hair...it makes for easier neck access...and doesn't get all in the way when getting jiggy... :D

I'll have to think on that shoe thing though...

9. macrumors 68020

Moxiemike

I think the shoe thing is pertinent in Pittsburgh simply because there are people who try so hard and try and try and you can glance at their footwear and realize "oh. they're trying too hard to be cool."

But then, there's people like "e" who just had it. She'd take five minutes, buy a pair of shoes, look cool, and it was like she always was meant to wear them.

And they weren't neccessarily "sexy" shoes. I mean, one of the worst date experiences I was on was this chick (brunette, long curly hair) who wore leather pants and like, these big heels.

Now the reason I dug her in the first place was she had a very relaxed vibe and looked hot in a nice sweater and jeans. Very comfy and ready to go explore Dixmont at a moment's notice. ;)

That night though..she could barely walk on her shoes and was impeded, methinks, because of the pants. It totally made me think she was unattractive, simply 'cause she didn't have to dress like that to make an impression. And she looked stupid hobbling down the street.

10. macrumors 65816

I don't like blondes. I prefer brunettes. I have only dated 1 blonde and that was in high school. I notice brunettes first and usually assume blondes to be a sandwich short of a picnic. I think ( dying hair) blonde is a fashion and all fashion fads fade.

Don't get me wrong, I've seen some very hot blondes but I usually find myself more towards brunettes. And yes, my wife is brunette. As a redhead I think i look better with a brunette anyway.

11. macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

mmhmm.. is she ever!

my girlfriend's a redhead, and she's got a thing for those euro boys who like to wear pants that emphasize their bulge and their arse.....

i think a reddish brown hair is cool... strawberry blondish is cool. super bright red scares me though.

12. macrumors 68020

jayscheuerle

The expression comes from a time when being a blonde was a rarity and stood out more, thereby garnering more attention. Natural blondes are still pretty rare, but you'd never know that from the bleach jobs out there.

There might be something to the idea that if you're bleaching your hair to have more fun, then you're opening yourself up to more fun experiences and will express yourself in more fun ways. In other words, the fake hair-color can give you a real attitude adjustment.

Shave it all off baby. Balds have more fun!

13. macrumors 68020

jayscheuerle

I'd say the intellect correlates to the footprint area of the high-heel on one hand and is in inverse to the volume of the sole on the other.

As an example, this shoe shows a very small heel combined with a very large sole volume, lowering the intellect dramatically on both counts.

I think the formula works! :D

Attached Files:

14. macrumors 604

MrMacMan

You dig... yourself? ;)

I'm with Mr. Anderson on this one, Redheads... :p

WinterMute, I'm supprised she didn't kick your ass! :eek:

Meh, I know nothing!

15. macrumors 68020

jayscheuerle

I was leafing through a men's wear catalog that sold padded underwear (front and back). Sad...

16. macrumors newbie

blondes

think about it, every time you see a blonde walkin down the street you have to turn your head, but when you see a brown or brunette you not as obligated, blondes ore more attractive

17. macrumors 601

Backtothemac

Brunettes. All the way. Totally prefer Brunettes.

18. macrumors 65816

Foxer

I always wanted to date a blonde (NATURAL blonde), but I never pulled it off. Nothing but brunettes and a couple redheads (and the bald chick) for 12 years leading up to marriage.

I guess it didn't matter that much.

19. macrumors 68020

jayscheuerle

Re: blondes

No way. You're ruling out every "exotic" looking woman out there (exotic to a white boy of German ancestry).

You're leaving out all the gorgeous Asian women (from bone-white skin to Phillapino), women from India, most Italians and Spaniards, delicious Black women... the list goes on.

I've seen plenty of blonde "trailer trash" & they don't turn my head. The "California Girl" look and the "Bleached Texan" look are all very nice, but start to look the same to me..

500th post...

20. macrumors 68030

britboy

Well....if I don't dig myself, who else is going to want to? :p

J-lo> please don't renew your demi membership too soon. I'll look forward to having a forum without your comments :rolleyes:

21. macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

alright, i'll just pass anything i have to say to you via your wife...

22. macrumors G4

You couldn't pay me to dye or bleach my hair blonde, ick.

*likes her hair dark*

23. macrumors 68020

jayscheuerle

Some skin types just don't look good (natural) with blonde hair anyhow.

I'd done the platinum thing years ago and in retrospect, never looked very good with it. Reddish once (ugh!) and even permed in the 10th grade (fashionable in 1980!).

My brother's Texas high-school graduation (class size 1200), was held in a college basketball arena. When all the blonde girls doffed their hats and launched them into the air, you found yourself looking at a sea of dark roots.

I hope they were having "more fun". - j

24. macrumors G4

Heh, I remember when I tried to find out a way to dye my hair silver or something close to that but I couldn't find anything...
    I found some silver hairspray which led me to looking for actual dye, looked alright in it, definately unique, but that's when my hair was shorter, don't know how it would look now....

25. macrumors 6502

Personally i prefer brunettes but lately im finding women with red hair far more attractive.