Do Dogs Matter?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by diamond geezer, Mar 20, 2005.

1. diamond geezer macrumors regular

As the average American probably cares more for dogs than the Iraqi people, perhaps this might change their opinion of their "heroes defending democracy"

Download the video if you wish

link

2. _bnkr612 macrumors 6502a

_bnkr612

If only the dog set off a landmine to put itself out of its misery and teach those soldiers a fatal lesson.

It's a saddening world out there, they just made it worse.

3. daveL macrumors 68020

daveL

I can't express the rage I feel right now. Heroes? BS. Gangsters and worse. I hope that poor animal haunts those people in their dreams for the rest of their good-for-nothing lives.

4. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

i could handle about 2 seconds of that video.

5. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Not even going to click on it. I got disgusted just reading it.

Killing dogs out of sheer boredom/meanness is sick.

6. Desertrat macrumors newbie

Killing anything for "Ha, ha, funny..." just really sucks. But, hey, we've a culture where killing over sports jackets and high-dollar tennie-runners seems to be the cool thing. Lotsa folks say abortion isn't killing a person.

So, to some, "It's just a dog."

'Rat

7. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

I hope you're not equating abortion with the killing of animals for fun, since that would imply that abortion providers do what they do for kicks... and I know you're better than that 'Rat.

8. Desertrat macrumors newbie

No, not kicks, mac. But I do think that for a good many it's a way of evading responsibility, as a primary motivation. Seems to me it's tied in too much to the whole package of instant gratification. I just can't help but feel it's part of a cheapening of life itsownself.

But, like lotsa stuff of which I disapprove, I'm not interested in passing laws agin it.

Hell, I dunno. Killing animals or people for kicks is wrong. Psychologically immature people doing sex as nothing more than horizontal recreation is (IMO) wrong.

About all I can do is live by my own at-least-halfway-rational moral code and try as best I can to act like a grownup...

'Rat

9. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

But, as with your view that most welfare recipeints are lazy do-nothings who wait by the mailbox every month for their free gummint check, I think you overestimate and then generalize from there about the number of people who use abortion as a method of birth control.

You don't think the doctors do it for kicks, do you?

10. Desertrat macrumors newbie

"...your view that most welfare recipeints are lazy do-nothings..."

Never said that. Never even intimated "most". One thing I have said is that too many of those on welfare are there due to a life history of poor decision making. And one thing I will say is that I've seen a goodly number of able-bodied guys who sponge off the legitimate recipients--but I've no clue about percentages, of course.

Look: I'll pick up a newspaper and glance through the "help wanted" ads and see lengthy strings of non-professional jobs available. I'll see something on the local TV news about folks looking for work--or workers. And then I drive through the projects and see able-bodied guys in their twenties or so just "hanging out". Why is the milk of my human kindness NOT supposed to curdle?

Is the number of one million abortions per year erroneous? I don't know, although I've seen that given in occasional anti-abortion articles.

For me, it's less an antipathy against first-trimester abortions than a dislike of the circumstances which lead to the perceived need.

The doctors? They make their own decisions, and the whole deal is between them and their patients.

Anyhow, my view is that there is a rather large number of people in this country who care nothing but for themselves and their own gratification above all else. Some do brie, wine and Volvos; some do the Bubba thing, and some follow behavior which leads to abortions. Others join the Army and shoot dogs for fun.

Such types have always been around and always will be. My view is that we seem to have more now, as a percentage, than we once did. No way I could prove it, of course, but that's my impression from my wanderings...

'Rat

11. Vader macrumors 65816

Vader

12. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

I am glad that the video failed to load for me.

Diamond given what I believe from some of your past posts, I am surprised that the the "lowest" of "order" would get more support.

Not to diminish the positive efforts by our troops in what many of us look upon as a illegal war, I think it speaks volumes about the "video game" generation that may not realize that they are playing for "keeps" now.