Do I have to get a system cleaner for...

Discussion in 'macOS' started by jc0481, May 15, 2006.

1. jc0481 macrumors regular

OS X ? I'm just doing basic stuff not anything professional. I know there is couple of programs like macjanitor to name one. Is it recommended that I get it and has anyone have these system mechanic kind of programs and used them with much success? Thanks
    JC

2. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

3. Eniregnat macrumors 68000

Eniregnat

You really don't need anything expensive, if anything at all. I use some batch utilties to help things running well, to clear caches and temp files, and the like. ONYX or Main Menu are good batch utilities. I use MainMenu, but ONYX is also good. Using either one will help keep your Mac running well. MainMenu is currently free, and the programmer is a nice guy.

[EDIT- These are really just advanced uses of Apple script, at least ONYX and MacSweeper (not noted). I really have admiration for these utilties that basicly run allow a person to run standard OS maitnce routeens with out needing to know how command line works. Brilliant! They also allow access to other features of OSX that you might not easly find through the normal GUI if at all.

4. Xax macrumors member

is there any app that removes unused library support files etc.?

for example if i trash one programme of the final cut studio suite, it leaves lots of library files behind... tried with appzapper but that does not get everything although its an awesome tool ;)

5. closebeauty macrumors newbie

I use Mac Cleans to remove recent file history, chat logs, caches, cookies, web site history