Do I have to send my reberb powerbook back?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by dvdiva, Mar 25, 2005.

1. dvdiva macrumors member

Just got my 15" referb 1.33 powerbook. I ordered a 15" w/ combo drive and 60gb hdd for 1499 from apple. Instead apple sent me a 15" w/ superdrive and 80gb hdd w/ the fancy glowing keyboard. Needless to say I am a VERY satisfied customer. My partner said apple may ask for it back.
    Also if I get applecare does it cover the hardware I have or the hardware on the order?
    Every thing works great- bumped the memory up to 1.25gb with a $155 1 gb chip and ran the hardware test 3 times. Love the new powerbook (new to me).

2. macbaseball macrumors 6502a

macbaseball

I don't think Apple will make you send it back if they were the one who made the mistake. That would be my guess, but idk for sure.

3. sarae macrumors 6502

I've never bought a refurb, but from reading the forums I've read several instances when people get "bumped up" to a superdrive, or hard drive, or whatever. You're just one of the lucky ones!

4. shane-o-mac macrumors regular

shane-o-mac

Nice!

Isn't the back lit keyboard a sweet option! Just got a new 15" powerbook from the apple store. heck if I had your kind of luck I might of opted for a refurbished model. Enjoy, and as far as Apple goes, no worries...I think Steve Jobs can spare an upgrade every now and then :rolleyes:

5. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Good for you! As the saying goes, don't look a gift horse in the mouth! They made the mistake- I'm sure you're fine.

6. JzzTrump22 macrumors 65816

Consider yourself one of the few lucky ones. Apple rarely screws up like this. They aren't going to ask for it back. You made out like a bandit, nice job!

7. maha macrumors newbie

Apple won't ask for the powerbook back nor did they make a mistake. That's the good thing about refurbs - they consist of (sometimes) previously built to order machines that were sent back. Apple leaves the upgrades in.

I just ordered a refurb dual 2.5 and not only did it arrive with a gig of ram but also a 250gb hard drive.

And I haven't had one problem with it - just simply an amazing machine and an amazing deal!

enjoy!

8. powerbook911 macrumors 68040

powerbook911

dvdiva-

Congratulations! :) Enjoy your new Powerbook. You paid for it, so enjoy! :)

9. dorqiekat macrumors 6502a

so very lucky. Enojy! I think the only upgrade for free I've had was getting a grande mocha at starbucks because they were out of the tall cups. :rolleyes:

10. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

Heh. That was a good thing??? :D

Me I can't stand Starbuckz overroasted beans anymore.

11. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

I love the white chocolate mocha yummmmmmmm :D

12. dvdiva thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the replies. Anyone know if applecare would cover what the machine has in it like the superdrive? Really enjoying my new mac.

13. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Getting more than you pay for isn't a problem, getting less is...

Usually the refurbs are listed with the minimum specs for a load of machines.

Some people will get exactly what they pay for, some will get upgraded machines, while some will even get speed bumped or newer machines if they run short.