Do i need a Cover for Macbook Pro?

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by Sweener88, May 9, 2006.

1. Sweener88 macrumors 6502

Sweener88

Hi, I just got my first ever mac a MBP and i i want to know if i need a cover for it? my last laptop screen got scratched form the kets touching the screen and i was wondering if i should buy one of those cloth things that fits in-between the screen and keyboard? also the macbook pro came in a bag/cover thing from apple, should i be using this to cover my macbook pro? i transport it in a targus backpack

2. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

Not sure if you need a cover to protect your MBP's screen, but I would buy one anyway- never hurts to be safe! :)

3. exeterbohemian macrumors regular

a targus backpack sounds fine. i've never heard of apple keyboards scratching the screens. granted, you're bound to get a few scratches here and there on the casing of the computer, no doubt. it's something that comes with the territory. while most people don't really worry about this, the whole 'no glove no love' mentality is quite prominent in the ipod community these days...:rolleyes:

4. mmmcheese macrumors 6502a

mmmcheese

I use the sheet that it shipped with...one of these days I'll probably buy one of the real inserts.

5. antisocial macrumors newbie

Hi, I'd definately use a cloth or sheet to protect your laptop while closed. I didn't on this machine when I got it and now the screen is permamently marked from contact with the keyboard. Once my new MBP ships I'll definately be using something to protect the screen this time.

BTW, I know some people who just use a large lint free glasses cloth (available from most optometerists) to protect the screen when their laptops are shut.

6. hob macrumors 68020

hob

First iBook I had. Took it into school the day after I got it. Opened it up and almost yelled. There were vertical scratches down the centres of the LCD...

Then I realised it was grease from the keys and wiped it off.

For a second though... :rolleyes:

7. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

:eek: That had to be a very, very scary moment! :eek: Glad to hear that everything turned out alright- I could only imagine how upset I would be if that happened to my iBook G4.

8. mikehowett macrumors member

I use these on my 17" PowerBook, they keep the keyboard away from the screen and make the display fit more securely when closed;)

9. mmmcheese macrumors 6502a

mmmcheese

They are likely putting them in bags though, where there will be some pressure/flex. This (http://www.radtech.us/Products/NotebookScreensavRz.aspx) would likely be a better solution.