Do I need a DVD burner

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by AP_piano295, Oct 14, 2005.

1. AP_piano295 macrumors 65816

2. iQuit macrumors 6502a

iQuit

It would be better to have one considering application are getting bigger and theres multiple reasons. You can make your own movies and put a lot more data than a cdrw and I think it is well worth it. So if you can afford it...BUY IT. :)

3. Duff-Man macrumors 68030

Duff-Man

Duff-Man says.....no, you just need a DVD *reader* to rip DVD's - you need a burner to burn DVD's...so, if your MAc has the "combo" drive (dvd/cdrw) then you can rip....oh yeah!

4. SummerBreeze macrumors 6502a

SummerBreeze

While you don't need a DVD burner, I must say that it's such a valuable tool to have on your computer. I'd definitely go for the DVD burner anyway, because once you have it you will wonder how you lived without it.

5. Sweetfeld28 macrumors 65816

Sweetfeld28

i would also considering the Dual Layer burners are really cheap compared to win i bought mine [BTW mine is a sigle layer 8x burner].

Pioneer DVD-R/W [Superdrives] @ Newegg.com

6. AP_piano295 thread starter macrumors 65816

yeah I already baught the computer u guys I just need to know if I can rip with the compo Ive got my siters emac(cant belive they got rid of those) for burning.

7. Bern macrumors 68000

Bern

Definitely an external dvd burner (well at least in my case, I have a Powerbook). They are dual layer and burn much faster.