Do I need a .Mac account to publish a blog to my webhost through iWeb?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Veritas&Equitas, Nov 27, 2006.

1. Veritas&Equitas macrumors 68000

Veritas&Equitas

And thus, I guess I'd need a .Mac account instead of a 3rd party webhost to utilize a blog from iWeb? I've uploaded my site I created in iWeb to my own ftp/web server for my site, but I read that I need to have a .mac account to publish my blog efficiently? Is this true? Any insight would be appreciated, thanks!

2. Rotary8 macrumors regular

No. Publish it to a folder, then upload it to your ftp site. What sucks about the blog in iWeb is that you would have to keep publishing it to your local drive everytime you make a new entry. Not sure if it's more advantageous if you registered to .mac.

www.artworkbyme.com

3. aricher macrumors 68020

aricher

You can't have commenting turned on if you're hosting outside of .mac but there are 3rd party apps that will allow you to do this. Not sure of what they are though, sorry.

4. ChrisA macrumors G4

I don't understand the problem. You say you have moved the iWeb created files to your server and apparently it is working (as you don't say otrherwise.) So what is the problem?

5. mnx7645 macrumors newbie

iweb "add comment" missing

i created a blog using iweb and allowed the "add comment" feature, i then published to a folder and uploaded it to hosting. On the website however, the "add comment" does not even show up, just "read more". help:(

6. aristobrat macrumors G4

Is your hosting .Mac?

7. twoodcc macrumors P6

twoodcc

well i am also interested in another way to have comments in my blog without .mac

is there any way besides icomment?

8. iancapable macrumors 6502

iancapable

why not write a script that polls a directory and puts your stuff on your site? Or am I getting to complex?

9. krestfallen macrumors member

krestfallen

how about lerrning php and code it yourself? ;)

10. twoodcc macrumors P6

twoodcc

i'm having a hard enough time learning Csharp right now.....