Do I need a power adaptor for Hong Kong?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by internetguy, Jan 10, 2013.

1. macrumors newbie

i am from canada, if i travel to hong kong do i need a power adaptor for my iphone, macbook pro?

or is the original power adaptor is interchangeable by itself?

2. macrumors 601

Yes, Google, they use 220v BIG plug.

If you have other electronics, probly cheaper just to buy a plug adapter, less than $10. That way u can use it for others.

Second option is, buy dedicated iPhone HK transformer, gives u straight USB output off the plug.

3. macrumors 6502a

you will need an outlet adapter the macbook and iphone chargers accept 110/220v natively...the chargers wont fit in their outlets though so an adapter is needed, they are about 20bucks for one that does 90% of the world's standard outlets

4. macrumors 6502a

They use the same plug and voltage as we use in the U.K.

5. macrumors 6502a

Stuntman06

It depends. Check the rating on the power adapter. In Canada we use 110 Volts. In HK, they use 220 Volts. You will need an adapter converter as the pins are aligned differently. Any electronics store should sell those. Just let the guy know where you are travelling and he can recommend a power converter/adapter for you. I generally get mine from London Drugs.

6. macrumors 68020

7. macrumors 601

If u go now, you may still catch some of the building-tall Xmas decorations. Put New York, whatever city lights to shame. Take a REAL camera+Tripod.