Do I need an Griffin Elevator and Apple Wireless Keyboard for my MBP?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Veritas&Equitas, Mar 21, 2007.

1. Veritas&Equitas macrumors 68000

Veritas&Equitas

I guess I'm wondering whether or not to invest in a Griffin Elevator and Apple Wireless Keyboard for my MBP or not. I pretty much use my MBP as my main computer at home...to anyone with this setup, why did you decide to use it? What were your main concerns in buying it? (i.e. save space, use 2 monitors, cooler, etc.)

I'm just looking for a reason to buy the Elevator and keyboard...I've got a Westinghouse 37'' 1080p LCD that I use as my main PC monitor, but could also use it as my main monitor for my MBP with the Elevator and use it from my bed with the wireless keyboard/mouse. Any other major reasons people are buying this setup? Thanks for the advice!

2. ebouwman macrumors 6502a

i'm not sure why you would get the elevator, but i would go for the wireless keyboard and just plug the macbook into the monitor and shut it and leave it

3. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

i got the icurve and wireless keyboard and mouse so i can have some height... it works better for me, also i put my external underneath my pb to save space. I put the laptop etc in the corner of my desk and when i need more space for school books etc i just push the keyboard and mouse to the top of the desk and i get a lot of room.
    Theirs a pictures somewhere on here - i think its in the college set up threads

4. insomniac321123 macrumors 6502

I use an external monitor and a wireless keyboard/mouse. I have realized how nice it is to have a full size keyboard. I dont know about the elevator, i use my laptop with the external monitor in 2 screen setup and it is a good height for me.

5. vagabondlife4me macrumors newbie

Go for it.

I've been using the iCurve and BT keyboard and mouse for some time now. The MBP is hooked up to a 20" and it works fantastic. If I want to take the MBP with me I unhook the dvi port and a usb cable and I'm good to go.

It is very nice to have the MBP at the same level as the display and use monitor spanning.

Two cents and out.

6. richiepad11 macrumors member

richiepad11

griffin elevator for macbook

do u think a macbook would fit/look good with the Griffin elevator?and how much more space would it create if i do get one?

7. Freewayjim macrumors regular

Freewayjim

I use Griifin Elevators at home and at work with a 15" MBP and I love them!

They are stylish and if you are using a keyboard it will fit nicely under the MBP on the base of elevator and give you more table/desk space when you aren't using it.

8. 204467 macrumors 6502a

If you're worried about heat from the MBP when you're running a second display, get the elevator. Also, if you want an elevated computer for better ergonomics, also get the elevator. I think a wireless KB/mouse set would be great for using the computer on your bed. The final thing is to just buy what you really want and what you really think you need.

9. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

I really prefer my RainDesigns MStand and iLap. It really depends how high up you want the computer.