Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Luke Redpath

macrumors 6502a
Nov 9, 2007
Colchester, UK
Unless you intend to never release your app on the app store, why don't you all just stop being cheapskates and stump up the $99 - it's not exactly a lot of money is it? ;)

Nermal

Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
all: it appears that the phone (communications center) part of the iphone stops functioning with the mobileinstallation patch anybody else run into that problem?

I'm using an iPod so I can't test that.

Unless you intend to never release your app on the app store, why don't you all just stop being cheapskates and stump up the $99 - it's not exactly a lot of money is it? ;)

I don't like DRM, so I'm certainly not going to release my own DRM-protected apps.

pwhisler

macrumors newbie
Sep 23, 2008
oh.. gee, i feel dumb, when I posted my post, i only saw the first page of this thread, i'll try to install that MobileInstallation patch...

I did pay the 99 bucks, like a month ago, I'm still waiting for them to let me in!

Anyone know when they should start letting in more developers?

Tavis

macrumors newbie
Sep 27, 2008
Ive done everything in the tutorial and also changed the .plist for iphoneos. But, I still can't get it to work. I keep getting the error about the certificate :confused:

Works now, I missed the capital D on developer. Sorry !

Luke Redpath

macrumors 6502a
Nov 9, 2007
Colchester, UK
Have you tried chasing this up with Apple? Has the $99 been deducted from your credit card? It took all of two days for my $99 to be processed and to get access to the iphone development portal. If it's taken that long, then something is clearly wrong.

pwhisler

macrumors newbie
Sep 23, 2008
ok, i got it to work, but I need to run the script, and didn't need to set those two other things to "No" in the info.plist file, but maybe cuz I'm on 2.01

However, my app runs choppy and has a crash, while it runs smooth and no leaks on the simulator. anyone else had this problem?

Thaurin

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2008
I got this many times. It can be many things. It might be bad paths in the script. But interesting thing is that even after you sign it manually it doesn't work. To just make it clear: You have that extra line in Info.plist; You have at least one app from appstore installed; you have MobileInstalation patch...

Sorry for replying so late. Yes, I have done the following:

1) Jailbroken my iPhone
2) Installed the patched MobileInstallation (by hand)
3) I have many apps from App Store, paid and free ones; I also installed a free one after doing the MobileInstallation patch
4) Added a new run script build phase in the project with the code from your tutorial.
5) I changed Info.plist at /Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Info.plist with the following:

- Under key ARCHS: PROVISIONING_PROFILE_ALLOWED and PROVISIONING_PROFILE_REQUIRED to NO
- Added SignerIdentity at the bottom; these are the last four lines of Info.plist:

Code:
        <key>SignerIdentity</key>
        <string>Apple iPhone OS Application Signing</string>
</dict>
</plist>

I used to get an error from the script, but I fixed that. (I had a space in my directory name and so it failed there. I put quotes around it and now that works.) The application installs to the iPhone just fine, but unfortunately it won't run. ("the application cannot be opened.")

I will try to make several new projects and see how those do, but at the moment I have absolutely no idea what is wrong except that maybe it's something with the Info.plist I did wrong.

mlady

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2008
ok, i got it to work, but I need to run the script, and didn't need to set those two other things to "No" in the info.plist file, but maybe cuz I'm on 2.01

However, my app runs choppy and has a crash, while it runs smooth and no leaks on the simulator. anyone else had this problem?

Yea, that's because iPhone has limited memory, while simulator has "unlimited". Try to run it wiv Instruments to see, if you have any memory leaks or how much memory is it consuming. What kind of app is it? A game?

firewood

macrumors G3
Jul 29, 2003
Silicon Valley

The simulator CPU and graphic system can be a lot faster than the those of the iPhone.

Try testing with a frame rate around 4X higher on the simulator.

Thaurin

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2008
I fixed my problem. I added the SignerIdentity key to the wrong Info.plist. That is, the one in /Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform and you need to add it to the one in the project directory.

Sorry, I'm new to Xcode.

afigar

macrumors newbie
Oct 10, 2008
Same Problem.

Hi guys,

I just came across this thread and saw the suggestions....

I've created my cert, added the build phase run script item, and edited my /Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/info.plist file to change to two entries to NO.

I also edited my info.plist file and added the req'd key "SignerIdentity", as a Value: "Apple iPhone OS Application Signing".

Now, when I go to deploy, I get a 0xE800003A (Your mobile device has experienced an unexpected error, blah blah).

I've looked this up and it looks like it means I don't have a provisioning profile - which makes sense, since I haven't been accepted as a Dev yet...

Any suggestions? Obviously you guys have gotten around this? I'm on 2.1 jailbroken and running the 2.1 SDK.

Thanks,
Cemil

I have the same problem and I did everything you did. But, When I use "iPhone developer" as certificate name. XCode 3.1 complains that it can´t find "iPhone Developer", with capital "D". So I make a new certificate with this name and compilation succeded, but when I deploy I get 0xE800003A. I´ve changed the script and nothing. I´ve also tried to scp my app to mobile@iphone:Applications, and then use ldid -S myApp, but nothing seems to work.
I'm on Iphone 2.1 jailbroken (Pwnage 2.1) and running the 2.1 SDK.

Thanks,

Thaurin

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2008
Try Clean all targets. Restart Xcode. Check your Info.plist files again (both from the project and the one in /Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Info.plist). Remove the application from the iPhone (with the little 'x' on the icon).

Try again.

kimabg

macrumors newbie
Jan 17, 2008
Running SDK apps on a jailbroken 2.0.1 iPhone

The steps in my blog entry linked below will let you run your apps without mucking about with all the complex certificates and signatures:

Blog post: Running SDK apps on a jailbroken 2.0.1 iPhone

I haven't tried this on Firmware 2.1, but it works brilliantly on 2.0.1, as long as the phone has been jailbroken. The only downside is that you need to be comfortable with using the terminal, but I feel this is more intuitive than getting to grips with certificates.

say2paul

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 16, 2008
The steps in my blog entry linked below will let you run your apps without mucking about with all the complex certificates and signatures:

Blog post: Running SDK apps on a jailbroken 2.0.1 iPhone

I haven't tried this on Firmware 2.1, but it works brilliantly on 2.0.1, as long as the phone has been jailbroken. The only downside is that you need to be comfortable with using the terminal, but I feel this is more intuitive than getting to grips with certificates.

Does anyone had luck on 2.1 yet?

85KB

macrumors newbie
Oct 22, 2008
Bay Area, CA
I have a Jailbroken & Unlocked iPhone 2G, I've applied for the Developer Program and been accepted on July 11, and I'm ready to pay $99.

But I have some questions:
0. After paying $99, will I be able to sell applications or I can only write free apps?
1. After paying $99, will they ship me any sort of package? Or just send me an e-mail?
2. Do I have to do a restore to the phone to add needed files that will make the phone for development?
3. will I be able to test my Apps on my REAL iPhone (Legally)? (i.e.: without modifying any Info.plist file, I just want to be a LEGAL iPhone Dev and testing on an Unlocked iPhone 2.1)
4. And release them to Apple's App Store? (Even if the phone is unlocked and jailbroken)

Used pwnage 2.1 to Unlock the Phone.

Thanks!
KB

l.sanjeevrao

macrumors newbie
Oct 17, 2008
xcode not recoz the certificate

Hi All,
Please Help me Out Soon , its urgent.
I have Developer Certificate ,distribution certificates from apple and opened with Keychain acess and added them.
Certificate Name :iPhone Developer: David
So i put same name in xcode code signing but it shoeing no certificate error.
Please help out
Thanks in advance

l.sanjeevrao

macrumors newbie
Oct 17, 2008
Hi Everybody.
I have certificate, provisional but did not connected my device. when i try to sign it it showing "codesign error cannot find code object on disk"
Please help me

brat2

macrumors newbie
Feb 18, 2009
Mlady, thanks !

I did what you have told, walked through this thread and my app works fine !

It is a great possibility for testing our apps in real conditions !

mracoker

macrumors newbie
Jun 13, 2009
New Run Script Build Phase

I tried the method suggested by you but still getting the following error:

CodeSign error: no certificate found in keychain for code signing identity 'iPhone Developer'

I wrote the following in the script editor (New Run Script Buildphase)
Code:
if [ "${PLATFORM_NAME}" == "iphoneos" ]; then
platform=/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform
allocate=${platform}/Developer/usr/bin/codesign_allocate
export CODESIGN_ALLOCATE=${allocate}
codesign -fs "iPhone developer" ${BUILT_PRODUCTS_DIR}/${WRAPPER_NAME}
fi

- Show environment variable in build log - marked as checked
- Run Script only when installing - marked as unchecked

Also, when I closed the script editor - it never asked me to save or run the script..?

I think I am missing some step in between!

Any help will be appreciated.

If you are using Xcode, after you add the new Build Phase, you can see it from Xcode in your projects files on the left, under Groups & Files it is in Targets > [AppName] > Run Script

srpoucse

macrumors newbie
Aug 3, 2009
new iphone

hello evryone im new to this iphone development....
i have jailbroken iphone with cydia installed on it but i dont have a sim or internet enabled in the iphone.

1)However i have created the certificate using keychain assistant and gave a name called "adt" ...Is it compulsory that we give the name as Iphone Developer ..?

2)I did go through this thread and the build was succesful but finally when i try to install the app on the device using xcode organizer i get an error saying
"Your provsional profile is not valid( if valid it is not trusted) "

I would request you if you would give me a step by step procedure so that i can know where did i go wrong....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.