Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macgrl

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 17, 2008
Or do you have to get a specific iPhone 5s case..i have looked online at a few stores and also apple and it seems they say the cases will fit...is it an exact fit or am i best of waiting for the cases to catch up with the new phone and there be 5s specific cases?

Avarize

macrumors member
Sep 16, 2012
Or do you have to get a specific iPhone 5s case..i have looked online at a few stores and also apple and it seems they say the cases will fit...is it an exact fit or am i best of waiting for the cases to catch up with the new phone and there be 5s specific cases?

They are interchangeable but keep in mind Touch ID when selecting a case. For example the new 5s Otterbox is designed with TouchID in mind, while the iPhone 5 Otterbox will physically fit the phone TouchID wouldn't work.

Zmanbaseball2

macrumors 68040
Aug 24, 2012
New York, USA

Yes but make sure it has a big camera cutout and does not cover the home button.

macgrl

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 17, 2008
Any recommendations on a hard clear case? I have looked at a few spigen ones.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.