Do iPhone earphones work with iPod touch?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by joshi3joshi, Oct 2, 2007.

1. macrumors regular

this has probaly already beeen answered, but ive searched on google and found nothing. My question is,

does the iphone earphones, the one with the squeeze thing for pausing and playing music, and double squeezing for skipping work with ipod touch? i havent seen the iphone headphone jack, but i assume it is the same. So if i buy iphone earphones, and i plug it in my ipod touch, will the squeeze controls work?

2. macrumors 601

No, the jacks are different. On the iPod touch, the jack is normal. But on the iPhone, it is recessed.

3. jnc
    macrumors 68020

jnc

Not sure what the recessing of the jacks has to do with overall functionality... if anything, surely iTouch headphones wouldn't work on iPhone not vice versa?

Anyway, I don't imagine the remote functions will work. The speakers might be a different story.

On a sidenote, does the Radio Remote work in iTouch/iPhone?

4. macrumors 6502

Is there any headphones like the iPhone headphones for the iPod touch? Really like to have the clicking feature instead of pulling out my ipod to stop and play next track...

5. macrumors regular

the headphones work, but you cant use the little botton on the mic

6. jnc
    macrumors 68020

jnc

Wonder if there's a jailbreak fix... I'd love to be able to pause, play and skip at the click of a button instead of pulling the iPt out each time.

Any word on the radio remote working?

7. macrumors newbie

The iPhone

I just bought a new iphone headphone earbuds (the one with 3 lines on the jack). It works with my iPod Touch fully.

Single Click Headphone Button = Pause/Play
    Double Click Headphone Button = Next Song
    Triple Click Headphone Button = Previous Song
    Hold Down Headphone Button = Voice Control

Once I enter an app that uses the iPod's microphone, the headphone's mic overrides the mic on the device itself and is very clear. Just let the wire hang while you talk, don't touch it while you talk.

The iPod Touch really is an iPhone without 3G.

This earbud works on the iPad 1 also.