Do Kindle Fire HD/Google Nexus devices have yellow screen tint problems like iPads...

Discussion in 'Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices' started by HarryWarden, Nov 8, 2012.

1. macrumors 6502a

Sometimes do as described elsewhere on this forum? I'm looking to get my Dad a Kindle Fire HD 8.9-inch as I can't justify the iPad price premium for what he would use a tablet for and it looks like a nice device with better speakers than what Apple offers and am wondering how the QC for Amazon devices compares to the sometimes lacking Foxconn builds for Apple? Anyone know where Kindles are made?

2. macrumors 68040

The Kindle Fire HD does have a warm color palette but I think they designed it that way. And in combination with the anti glare screen it helps cut down on glare and makes it easier to see when using it outside.

3. macrumors 601

ixodes

No they don't. I've got the models you're inquiring about. They've got very high quality displays.

4. macrumors 603

ChazUK

My Nexus 7 has a far cooler coloured screen compared to my iPad2

5. macrumors 604

Jessica Lares

The Kindles vary. Mine is a little warm, but by not much. Unless you held it side by side, you couldn't really tell. But Amazon is very good about letting you exchange units until you've got one that works for you.

6. macrumors 68040

I returned my Kindle Fire HD because I wanted more screen real estate and so I ordered the 8.9" version. I can say for a fact that the Kindle Fire HD is a quality product. Screen quality is top notch especially on the 7" HD and should be even more so on the 8.9 HD.