Do local Apple stores stock refurbed? Last rev?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by mulletman13, Aug 4, 2004.

1. mulletman13 macrumors 6502a

mulletman13

I'm looking to buy a rev b 12" powerbook online but they aren't in stock too much. I was curious if Apple stores have old stock of the rev b's or anything like that?

Thanks in advance~

mm13

2. jimsowden macrumors 68000

jimsowden

no, they only get new things. They may get a return, but they move stock fast and have no reason to keep old computers.

3. musicpyrite macrumors 68000

musicpyrite

I went to an Apple store yesterday and got a chance to look at all the machines.

All the PowerBooks were rev c.
    The 14" iBook was the latest revision also.
    They had a 23" alu monitor
    They had 1 20" iMac
    They had a 1.25 GHz eMac
    They had 1 gen 4 iPod
    They had no iPod minis

4. friarbayliff macrumors regular

Luckily there is a large pool of third party mac retailers and resellers that you can look into. Check your local business listings - there's usually several of these stores.

5. mulletman13 thread starter macrumors 6502a

mulletman13

Thanks for the information I'll keep waiting for Apple refurbished store...

6. Phatpat macrumors 6502a

Phatpat

Many Apple Retail Stores have what I like to call "cheap stuff tables". They occasionally have older computers and iPods at these tables nice and cheap.

7. wPod macrumors 68000

wPod

i got my 12" rev A PB a couple days after the rev B was announced. and around upgrade time i know the stores will sell what they have left on hand for 10% off. but once they get rid of what they had left i am pretty sure they do not stock anything except the newest releases. the iMacs at my local apple store were marked 10% off when apple announced they would stop selling them, and in about a week they were all gone. . . . . er do i go to the apple store to much?!!

8. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

Yes, I have noticed some real nice items at those tables. So it is well worth a persons time to check the table over.