Do mac mini bluetooth and airport have to come together?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by shadowmoses, May 20, 2005.

1. shadowmoses macrumors 68000

shadowmoses

During my inquest to getting a new mac mini i have asked around and the Apple store regents street have told me that Bluetooth and AIrport come as 1 module and therefore have to be purchased together, although when i look on the apple website i see that bluetooth and airport can be purchased seperatly, for instance i could purchase just airport to add to the mini for an additional £49,

Can someone clarify whether or not bluetooth and Airport have to come together?

Many Thanks,
    Shadow

2. Macky-Mac macrumors 68030

Macky-Mac

you can buy them separately, at least on the USA online store

but most of Apple's retail stores aren't set up to customize your purchase to the extent that the online store will...........probably the retail store you are dealing with only sells minis with either no airport/bluetooth at all, or a model that is preconfigured with both

3. wnameth macrumors 65816

wnameth

I can see some of the reasoning behind this, because who wants a computer with just bluetooth, and no airport. I can understand not having bluetooth, but no airport :confused:

4. anubis macrumors 6502a

If I ever got a mac mini, i'd want both bluetooth and airport. I mean, how sweet would that be. You have your mini sitting on a desk or somewhere with only two cables coming out of it. Power and video. And recently on slashdot I saw a story of a guy who modded his mini with an internal battery, so you could lose another cable. ;)