Do Macbooks come with a mini-DVI to VGA adapter?

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by generik, Aug 21, 2006.

1. generik macrumors 601

generik

I just realised mine doesn't, since it was a refurbed unit could Apple have forgotten about it?

2. erikistired macrumors 6502

erikistired

from the apple website:

# DVI output using mini-DVI to DVI adapter (sold separately)
    # VGA output using mini-DVI to VGA adapter (sold separately)
    # Composite and S-video output using mini-DVI to video adapter (sold separately)

3. Scarlet Fever macrumors 68040

Scarlet Fever

they should include it, but it seems that the corporate Apple sees a demand for them, and figures that if people really need them, they will be willing to pay more than they should for it. Apple's computers are getting cheaper, but they seem to be compensating by ripping people off with accessories. $50 for an iPod dock?!?

Do they include a mini-DVI to DVI adapter in the ACDs? It'd be a bummer if they don't.

4. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

I don't own an ACD but I seriously doubt that they include it. After all a lot of the customers for these will be using MBPs or Mac Pros, both of which have normal, full sized DVI ports.

5. PatrickF macrumors 6502

Judging how Apple have made the performance of MacBooks and MacBook Pros practically identical I don't think this is a big deal. They really have reduced the gap between the two models so much that it's hard to justify spending double the money for a MacBook Pro.

This was the same deal with them removing the S-Video port on the MBP - the adapters cost £15 so it's not going to break the bank if you need it.

6. St. Germain macrumors 6502

They do NOT include it. I had to order one extra to use my MB with my ACD.

7. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

It's included in the Macbook Pro. You have to remember, the Macbook is aimed at college students and "low-end" users, while the Macbook Pro is a professional model. The majority of Macbook users probably have little use for an adapter, as they are less likely to have an external monitor.

But I'm not contesting that it is kind of silly to not include one with the Macbook!

8. Phatpat macrumors 6502a

Phatpat

To be fair, the adapter included in the Macbook Pro is a DVI to VGA connector; a much more standard adapter than mini DVI.

9. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Oops sorry, you're right. Apparently I can't read, argh!