Do new iPhones ship with the latest iOS? (T-Mobile version)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Gary500, Apr 9, 2013.

1. macrumors regular

Do the latest iPhone 5s ship with 6.0 or 6.1.3?

2. macrumors 601

darricksailo

it will come with 6.1.3 or 6.1.4 (6.1.4 will most likely have the carrier bundle released today inside the firmware). Either that or the carrier bundle update will be included in a "newer" version of 6.1.3 which includes the carrier bundle update released today

3. thread starter macrumors regular

4. Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

5s, as in the plural of 5.

I'd be very surprised if the new model is running anything lower than 6.1.3. Since there's new firmware for the WCDMA radio, I'd imagine that the flash image would be updated too.

5. macrumors 601

Not always. Eventually iPhone 5s and iPhone 4S models will come with the latest if you wait long enough.

6. macrumors member

I had this same question. It would be great if someone who has purchased a brand new iPhone 5 in the last few weeks could verify whether it came with 6.1.2 or below and what store they bought it from.

I am thinking about upgrading and it would be really upsetting if it came with 6.1.3 and I couldn't jailbreak it until iOS 7 came out. Would pretty much defeat the purpose since I am not very fond of stock iOS.

Thanks for any help in advance.

7. macrumors 65816

Wow, since when 6.1.4 was released??

8. macrumors 6502a

Am3r1ca16

6.1.4? What

9. macrumors 68040

Some of them have 6.1.2 and some of the others have 6.1.3. It's random right now.

10. macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

I'm getting my T-Mobile one replaced today (hopefully). This power button is driving me nuts with the rattling.

11. macrumors member

Cool but when they replace it do they exchange it with a brand new sealed box or is it an open box/refurbished model? Also would be great if you can keep us posted on what firmware it has.

This speculation that the firmware is random is unsettling. I can't see it being random if you're buying it from Apple so maybe the best bet is a third party retailer that has old stock. I'd assume once someone gets a 6.1.3 phone direct from Apple that shortly after they will all be 6.1.3.

I get the security risks if you don't stick to trusted Cydia sources. But I don't get why Apple is actively trying to stop jailbreaking when it's totally optional and is also majorly responsible for a big part of their sales.

You know something is wrong when the jailbreak for iOS 6 is more important than the iOS 6 upgrade itself. If they actually worked on adding all of these basic cydia tweak features we wouldn't be so concerned about jailbreaking. :mad:

12. macrumors 601

darricksailo

I'm sorry if I didn't make that clear but it was an assumption should 6.1.4 come out

----------

Just an assumption should 6.1.4 come out as iOS 6.1 included carrier updates for LTE support (there was talk back then apple decided if the network was worthy of LTE before apple implemented the function so it made it seem like they wouldn't allow carrier updates for LTE support)

13. macrumors newbie

I purchased my iphone on 4/12 from a local T-Mobile store and it has OS 6.1.3 on it.

14. macrumors 65816

Got mine 4/13 with 6.1.2 on it. From a T-mobile store. I only noticed because it prompted me to upgrade as I was getting ready to restore from my iPhone 4.

15. macrumors 68000

I think if you are hoping to get 6.1.2 then you better hurry. My guess is within a few weeks, you will not find any that don't have 6.1.3 on them.

16. macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

Went to the Apple store today, my iPhone would have been replaced, but they didn't have any T-Mobile ones in stocks. I'll probably just again in a few weeks, or just deal with it.

It was on 6.1.2 and jailbroken but I updated it this morning figuring I could test my luck and see if my replacement would be on 6.1.2. Oh well now, no jailbreak since it's on 6.1.3 (I just deal with it).