Do NOT buy Picsel Smart Office for the iPad

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by caubeck, Sep 29, 2010.

1. macrumors 6502

Visually the app is quite nice. It's colorful and seems to have the usual variety of features in very basic Office apps on iOS.

However, it seems to have been ported directly from another mobile operating system with no thought for iOS at all. I'm not going to attempt to explore its features and limitations for text editing because right now it's all irrelevant.

The "Help" mentions how to move documents to and from SD cards!

There's no way to export documents from the app. At all. It gives you the physical pathway to where the doc is stored - where only jailbreakers could go - but there's no way to mail docs out or open them in other apps.

I've demanded my money back.

Meanwhile, do not buy this app. It's not for us and I have no idea how it got through the approval process.

2. macrumors 6502a

I suggest that you make a complaint to Apple... Sounds like they should not have allowed the app to be released.

3. thread starter macrumors 6502

Yes, I did in the end, just after I posted the above. I don't mind waiting for cheaper apps to improve but this one goes a bit too far and isn't cheap.

4. macrumors 6502a

Thanks for posting this - I've looked at the app and debated buying it, and only the complete lack of any info on either app store or website stopped me doing it.

Hope you get your refund as it sounds like a ridiculously badly written app....

5. thread starter macrumors 6502

I complained to Apple and the developer and heard nothing back. That was five days ago. So we'll see.

6. thread starter macrumors 6502

For the record, neither Apple (two emails) nor the developers have got back to me, after 12 days.

7. macrumors 6502a

well that sucks... I've spoken to apple about a number of issues and they have always responded very quickly

8. thread starter macrumors 6502

Well, I don't think I'll be hearing back from anyone now!