do not disconnect

Discussion in 'iPod' started by Mannequin, Feb 8, 2006.

1. Mannequin macrumors newbie

Hi everyone, I have everything selected in ipod preferences to update automatically but I still have to manually eject the ipod and I was wondering how to make it automatically do this? When I first got the iPod it was doing that and then one day I wanted to do some manual stuff so I changed the settings but when I changed them back it still doesnt automatically eject itself. Its not a huge problem but I just wondered if anyone knew why. Its an ipod video and i'm on a powerbook g4 10.4.4 I did try searching for this in previous posts and I saw that the solution is to change preferences to automatically update everything. But I've done this so I don't know if I'm missing something or if those preferences are somewhere besides in itunes preferences. Thanks! :)

2. eva01 macrumors 601

eva01

do you have it setup to act as a disk drive in iTunes preferences

3. iMeowbot macrumors G3

iMeowbot

Automatic updates is one part, the other is to make sure that "Enable disk use" is not checked. Is that how you have it set up?

4. Mannequin thread starter macrumors newbie

thank you for replying, it was the "enable disk use" I would never have figured that out! What does that mean anyway?

thank you very much for your help! :)

5. eva01 macrumors 601

eva01

to be able to use it as an external firewire or USB drive