Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tyler23

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2010
Atlanta, GA
I've tried reset all settings and reset network settings, all with no change. I can't do a fresh restore unfortunately because I'd lose too much of my stuff as I don't have the PC I kept all this iPhone stuff on.

iCloud backup? And don't suppose you have iTunes Match..?

That is a strange problem. Do Not Disturb works perfectly for me (iPhone 5) and my fiancee (iPhone 4S). Wonder what the cause is.

fuzion11

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 24, 2008
Hamilton, Ontario
iCloud backup? And don't suppose you have iTunes Match..?

That is a strange problem. Do Not Disturb works perfectly for me (iPhone 5) and my fiancee (iPhone 4S). Wonder what the cause is.

I do have iCloud for backup but unfortunately not iTunes match… So I will lose all my music and videos. If I were to restore from an iTunes backup would all my game data still be intact? For example if I'm on level 21 on Angry Birds, will I still be on level 21 after the restore or will it reset back to the first board?

Tyler23

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2010
Atlanta, GA
I do have iCloud for backup but unfortunately not iTunes match… So I will lose all my music and videos. If I were to restore from an iTunes backup would all my game data still be intact? For example if I'm on level 21 on Angry Birds, will I still be on level 21 after the restore or will it reset back to the first board?

iTunes and iCloud backups both backup app data, so your game data should be saved. Never had an issue with it myself, at least.

Kaussy

macrumors newbie
Jul 12, 2013
Toronto
I have this same issue with my Do Not Disturb. All my settings are correct but its still allowing calls through!! Very Frustrating. Im on a iphone 5 running 7.0.2 My iPhone 5s should be here tomorrow or the next day then I shouldn't have this problem anymore. I feel for the OP its very frustrating having a feature that just plain isn't working. And it worked fine on iOS 6.

fuzion11

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 24, 2008
Hamilton, Ontario
I have this same issue with my Do Not Disturb. All my settings are correct but its still allowing calls through!! Very Frustrating. Im on a iphone 5 running 7.0.2 My iPhone 5s should be here tomorrow or the next day then I shouldn't have this problem anymore. I feel for the OP its very frustrating having a feature that just plain isn't working. And it worked fine on iOS 6.

Something odd happened this morning… My sister who also owns an iPhone called me within the hours I have scheduled for do not disturb and the call went directly to voicemail as it should. But someone else who called from a landline a couple minutes later, say 10 minutes later…the call came right through. Basically what I'm saying is, until Apple fixes this bug I think do not disturb will only work when calls are being placed from iPhone to iPhone and will not include other cell phones or landline's

What do you think?

fuzion11

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 24, 2008
Hamilton, Ontario
From what I understand iOS 7 .0 .3 is only going to contain fixes for the lock screen bug but we can hope it includes something for do not disturb.

fuzion11

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 24, 2008
Hamilton, Ontario
I was hoping after updating to 7.0.3 DND would hopefully be fixed… Unfortunately it doesn't seem the case as it is still broken.

How do we get Apple to understand that it is an iOS issue?

Tyler23

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2010
Atlanta, GA
I was hoping after updating to 7.0.3 DND would hopefully be fixed… Unfortunately it doesn't seem the case as it is still broken.

How do we get Apple to understand that it is an iOS issue?

Have you restored your phone yet?

I know it's frustrating, but I really think it's a localized issue. There seem to be very few reported cases of others experiencing this - and I think a restore will be the way for you to get it solved.

fuzion11

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 24, 2008
Hamilton, Ontario
Have you restored your phone yet?

I know it's frustrating, but I really think it's a localized issue. There seem to be very few reported cases of others experiencing this - and I think a restore will be the way for you to get it solved.

Hey Tyler,

Yes I have restored from new just recently and it didn't help at all.

Any other ideas?

PeteLP

macrumors 6502
Sep 12, 2008
Did you ever get resolution? If not, I'd suggest trying two more things

1- change your DND settings to allow calls from "no one"
Test this in a variety of circumstances, with several numbers. If this works properly, then the problem is more isolated, and some of us can test the same "allow calls from: MyGroup" feature

2- if your phone worked properly when allowing calls from "no one", then the next thing to try is to completely delete the group tag "mi familia" then recreate it and add the people to it again. There might be something corrupted in the current mi familia data which could be triggering this bug. Since you'll do the group changes on your computer, you want to confirm that the group is seen as missing from the iphone before you re-add the group. Just to make sure that the deletion and re-adds properly came across from iCloud

Last edited:

Stuke00

macrumors 68000
Oct 11, 2011
Collinsville,IL
Yes, totally set up from new...and no help either.

I remember reading somewhere that people were having issues with this for carriers that have a caller ID enabled. Like on Verizon, I can have it send the caller ID name across with the number. If that is on, do not disturb does not work. If it is off, it works just fine.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.