Do Not Disturb - Schedule broken

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by Damolee, Jan 4, 2013.

1. macrumors 6502

Hi folks,

I know there is a known reported bug with the Do Not Disturb feature but does that include scheduling? Usually I have it set to 9pm to 5am, but it seems to have stopped turning on by itself.

In settings it's still enabled and set, tried disabling it completely and setting again to no avail.

Any ideas?

2. macrumors P6

The bug seems to be specifically with the scheduling part of DND. In particular it mentions that DND doesn't turn off as scheduled...however it wouldn't be much of a stretch to say that it probably doesn't turn on as scheduled either (at this time), although it's hard to say why that's not called out as well.

Having been observing the DND issue on two iPhones (a 5 and a 4), both running iOS 6, I can say that as of the beginning of this year the scheduling part of DND isn't working at all really--it doesn't turn on or off as scheduled.

3. macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

As far as I can tell the DND bug affects turning on and off of the feature. I gave up on it. ;)

4. macrumors 6502a

AlphaVictor87

what the above two said. I found this out last night when i was ALMOST asleep and thought DND had turned on (knew it doesn't turn off) and i got a loud email notification

5. macrumors 603

You can still turn it on and off and use it like normal, it's the scheduling side of things that is bugged. Apple says it'll automatically resolve itself after January 7th.

6. macrumors 6502a

sflomenb

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS4510?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US

7. macrumors P6

8. macrumors 603

It clearly states the feature will resume normal functionality after the 7th. If it still doesn't turn ON as scheduled after that date, then you can worry.

9. macrumors P6

Sure. Yet, if the issue is with the feature turning on or off based on a schedule currently (as it seems to be), why not mention the "on" part--or simply the scheduling functionality itself--and only reference the "off" part? Simply curious.