Do not feed the trolls!

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by superninjagoat, Jun 18, 2004.

1. macrumors 6502

superninjagoat

I just posted this in another thread, but it will be wasteland before too long.

So why do you think people still feel the need to respond to the trolls? Am I missing something?

One conversation I'd love to have in these forums is a true Mac vs. Windows discussion of features, ease of use and UI comparisons. I think everyone here would agree that it would be impossible to hear anyone through the flamewar that would result.

2. macrumors 6502a

Sparky's

I think proof of credentials would be required. Even though I've been using Macs for 15 years I wouldn't know where to start answering a PC person. Another thing is the age factor. I've seen so many discussions that end up turning into little 12 year old brat yelling competitions it hurts. I have often wondered what a "Live" open forum with moderators with the proper credentials from both sides would be like. Q & A with reliable, responsible input :rolleyes:

One could only hope

3. macrumors 68040

jxyama

because they may not be trolls?

i'd rather err on the "right" side and see if the poster can possibly be a non-troll.

as for windows vs. mac. if you want to compare OS, see www.xvsxp.com.

it's fairly comprehensive and whether you agree or not, it's informative just reading about what kind of usability/UI issues are considered.

4. macrumors 68030

themadchemist