Do PC companies use Macs to edit commercials?

Discussion in 'Community' started by phreakout13, Dec 19, 2004.

1. phreakout13 macrumors 6502

phreakout13

I was watching an intel ad on TV yesterday, and I was wondering if they used Macs to edit it. They probably hired a company to make the ad, and they could've used them. Same with dell adds and such. Wouldn't that be ironic :)

2. DavidLeblond macrumors 68020

DavidLeblond

It certainly wouldn't be unusual. Ad companies etc will always use the best tool for the job. Its well known that Microsoft's own print department uses Macs.

3. saabmp3 macrumors 6502a

Why ironic? Use the best tools for the job. It's not Intel's fault that M$ software for editing video sucks. They make some damn fine hardware.

BEN

4. AmigoMac macrumors 68020

AmigoMac

yes, they do... it rules..and if you look around, there are some ads that offer a PC with the screenshot of a Mac, I started a thread about that too... I like that.. ;)

5. MacFan25863 macrumors 6502a

MacFan25863

All of the Dell print ads use something along the lines of the "Classic Aqua Blue" desktop for the images on the monitors :D

6. markjones05 macrumors 6502a

markjones05

They may very well use Avid on a PC to edit their commercials. Avid is the leading non linear editor in the professional market and FCP for mac is second. But Avid is the industry standard and runs great on both OS's.

7. stubeeef macrumors 68030

stubeeef

I thought it was funny when it came out that Blue Man Group used Mac's for their shows, but there they were doing the Intel commercials.

8. Daveway macrumors 68040

Daveway

Macs are used to make almost every commercial. :D
    BTW did yall see 60 Minutes the other night for behind the scenes at SNL. Every cast member has their own mac. iMacs and Powerbooks. They were ALL over the place.

9. JeffTL macrumors 6502a

No shock -- the graphic designers and video editors tend to be Mac people...on the other hand, so's Bill Gates, I've heard.

As for the blue men, it kind of undercuts their Centrino ad to realize that they actually use the competition -- but like I said, I hear that Gates prefers a Mac, so that just goes to show that what you are selling isn't necessarily what you use. Of course, the ad itself was probably edited on a Mac.

I also imagine that most of the Avid installations out there are on Macs, so coupled with Final Cut and the iMovie-using smalltimers, I'd have to say that it's probable that any advertisement you see in any medium was produced on a Macintosh. Including ads for Windows.

10. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

I had a Dell brochure advertising their website, with screenshots of Netscape running on System 7.