Do Students get jobs in London?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by hob, Mar 31, 2007.

1. hob macrumors 68020

Oct 4, 2003
    London, UK
    I guess this is kind of a weird place to post this, but this is my only real message board family so I thought why not!

I'm a student in Stafford which is near Birmingham in the midlands. My home is in a suburb of SE London called Bromley.

I really need a job this summer. I did some temping a couple of years ago, but called in sick one day and never got another job from that firm again.

I'm just looking for some advice really. I can't really find any decent websites that have jobs on. They all seem to be the same, which is to say that they all seem to have junk jobs on... or are very badly organised.

I did interview for the Apple Store at christmas, so I might re-apply there, as they did seem to like me but the few positions were very competitive!

But really, I'm quite good at things like photography, design and IT/networking. I can't imagine where I'd get a job like that over the summer though... maybe I should email around for work experience at little production companies!

Anyway, anyone got any suggestions?
  2. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Dec 27, 2002
    Location Location Location
    In London?

If I can get a job in the Accounts Payable department at UCL Hospital with no accounting knowledge (did I lie on my CV? I forget....), then surely you can get a job. ;)

I'd try another job agency. I think they're quite good.