Do the Clamshell iBooks look like toys?

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by ----Bowie----, Nov 12, 2005.

1. ----Bowie----, Nov 12, 2005
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2011

macrumors regular

Mar 29, 2004
  2. Moderator emeritus

Jan 9, 2004
    Grand Rapids, MI, USA
    I'd go for certainly doesn't look to me as if it would be a new product. Cute, nice at the time.

But then again, in a lot of circles, even the current iBook is considered distinctive looking... as many of the white iBook G3/G4's are out there.

I think a clamshell would definitely look distinctive.
  3. macrumors G3

May 2, 2005
    IMO, they look like technicolor toilet seats.

/another genius post brought to you by
    //TEH SLASHIES!!11@!!
  4. macrumors 68000

Aug 8, 2005
    Are you SURE you've had your medication? ;)
  5. macrumors 6502a

Will Cheyney

Jul 13, 2005
    United Kingdom
  6. macrumors 65816

Feb 24, 2004
    I think toy. Apple have moved away from that very plastic look into a more mature, enviable look. More industrial.
  7. macrumors 6502a

Jul 17, 2002
    Bay of Fundy
    i agree - sort of.
    I own a lime iBook, and I have typed every word of my thesis to-date (and all other related history papers) on it, opting for its keyboard over the one that came with my G5. but while I am extremely proud of it, (and brag about it to mac fanatics ;) ) I do not like to use it too much in public. in libraries and archives is fine, but in a lecture or if I'm giving a presentation or seminar, I feel reluctant to pull it out (quite the opposite feeling I had when I owned a powerbook). i'm not sure why i am reluctant, maybe it's the plastic feel, maybe it's the fact there is an embarrassing pen mark on the cover from the previous owner :mad: but the point is it's a fantastic machine, just not very professional.

n.b. Tiger on a clamshell is wonderful, the screen is gorgeous still and I manage to install and very fluidly run many apps (such as iWork) that are supposed to require higher-end machines. all in all, I'm in love :rolleyes:
  8. macrumors 68030

Jul 23, 2004
    Melbourne, Australia